Chapter Twenty Four

Serena / November 17th / 10:30

It was too late. I had been blind, just like Y said, after all -- too blind to see that Ash actually did care about me the same way I did for him. Now, I had ruined things between us, and I don't think I was ever going to get my chance to tell him how I felt. And then there was also the whole taboo situation with Calem... The whole thing made my head hurt.

I was sat on my back porch, just a couple of feet behind where I had stood talking to Y the other day. Going over his conversation, it made me think about just how much I had screwed things up. Now, I was going to make things worse with Calem too, because apparently I wasn't suppose to love him.

There was a shadow behind the tree in front of me -- the one Y had sat on -- and I quickly stood up in fear. I tried to concentrate on what it was, until I made out the shape of staffs and sighed with relief.

"You scared me" I said, and on cue, the old bells began to ring -- if my mom decided to come out, I would have a lot of explaining to do

"I can tell that things didn't go the way you planned" Y said, stepping out of the darkness and into the light casted by the lamp next to me

I ignored him and muttered, "You really need to get rid of those bells"

"If only it were that simple" Y lowered down both his hood and bandanna. It was like a brick hit me when I saw his face, because just like when I had found out who X was, the first thought that came to mind was: but it's impossible. "I'm a little bit flattered you put so much trust into me without knowing who I was, so telling you would make no difference"

 "I'm a little bit flattered you put so much trust into me without knowing who I was, so telling you would make no difference"

"B-But how?" somehow, words came out of my mouth. "It just doesn't add up"

"Because I crafted it that way" Jason said. "In order to escape the bells, I used an ancient magic spell that split me into two different entities. This me -- the one you're talking to -- carries the type-master title, and constantly travels to run from the bells. The me that you know is the me trying to live out a normal life"

"Escape... the bells?"

"Remember how I told you about the type-masters sealing away Abbadon? Well, the last thing that Abbadon did was curse me of all people" Jason explained. "As long as I live, I'll be haunted by the bells. If I stay in one place for too long, they'll devour me"

"I-I guess that does explain a lot" I sat back down. "So what about your Pokemon?"

"The Pokeballs in my staffs are my original Pokemon, and occasionally I will meet up with my other half and swap out which staffs I hold" Jason answered. "As I am, X is too powerful for me to handle him, so I have limited time until I need to remerge. But enough about me; I came here to talk to you"