Chapter Fifteen

Narrator

"The mortals have engaged into battle with my dark Pokemon" X said, sat down and leaning against a tree. "Who attacked first, I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter, because they'll be wiped out"

"It seems a couple of them are heading this way, Master" Corvinight -- X's trusty Pokemon -- said. "Just off to the left, you should see them"

Sure enough, when X turned, he could see two of the mortals who had arrived on Arcanum Island -- or as he called it: the Island of Abbadon. When they got closer, and he made out who they were, he quickly stood up and hid behind the tree he had been resting against.

"Ash Ketchum and Serena Yvonne... why are they here?" X mumbled

"It appears the island's occasional reality-warping abilities got them separated from the other mortals" Corvinight replied. "You seem to know who they are, Master. Are they of importance?"

"The boy, Ash Ketchum... he's one of the seventeen element masters; the girl, Serena... she knows my true identity" X explained

"Impossible" Corvinight said in disbelief. "That boy is one of the seventeen masters? And how does the girl know your identity?"

"He doesn't know it, but he's the water-type master; I can sense it. The girl... I didn't mean for her to find out, but it happened after my battle with Y" X answered

"Battle with Y... sounds like I missed out on a lot" Corvinight said. "Would you like me to exterminate them?"

"I'm afraid I can't afford to loose these two, but it looks like they're heading in the direction of the Grand Tree" X said

Ash and Serena walked past the tree he was hiding behind; he heard them talking about something to do with some old summer camp, and he noticed that the girl was blushing after one particular comment

"So they're in love" X muttered in disgust. "Let's follow them; in the event that they activate the tree, I have to stop them"

And so, X and his Corvinight began to follow Ash and Serena, just within ear range of them, sticking about four trees behind them.

"We haven't even been here long and we're already lost" Serena said. "I hope your plans work though"

"It's probably our best bet" Ash replied

"So they are lost" X said

"It appears they're heading to the Grand Tree in hopes that their companions will find them there" Corvinight guessed. "A smart plan, but they don't seem to be aware of the consequences of messing around with that tree"