Mini-Chapter: Confusion

Serena / August 16th 

"So what do you think?" I asked 

The school week had gone by quickly, but it really only left me with more questions than answers. More specifically surrounding Ash -- that subject was a tough one. 

"The teenage-girl-me thinks you like him. A lot" Miette answered. "The realistic me says it's probably too early too tell," 

Like I mentioned before, I use to have a big crush on Ash during our childhood years, and while I hadn't forgotten about him over the years, the romantic feeling associated with him have. Or so I thought. 

Confusion, especially went it comes to romance, was something new to me, and even then, I didn't expect to come to Miette for advice, yet, here I was. We were walking around the mall while Miette ran some errands, and after having bumped into her, I decided there that it would be better to approach her for advice on my situation then to let her tease me about it.  

"though I do see why Calem may be upset now" Miette said

"I knew he seemed upset," I replied, "but what do you mean?"

"Oh Serena," Miette giggled, "you really are blind for love, aren't you?"

"I'm still lost" I said blankly 

"You didn't know Calem had, well... has, a crush on you?" Miette informed. "I thought everyone knew, considering how obvious it was" 

"Calem... a crush... on me?" I repeated, a bunch of thoughts swirling around in my head; everything that used to confuse me about Calem clicked into place. 

"I was thinking about getting the two of you together after all this time" Miette said. "Then Ash came along, and now I can't decide who's the better match for you... but the fact that he's only been here for a week, and I'm already deciding between him and Calem.... You've got yourself one confusion situation Serena" 

"I know" I sighed. "But even if I really do like Ash, what if he doesn't like me back?"

"Then it's up to you to change that" Miette said. "Ash really seems to like you, in the friend-kind-of-way, so it might be natural for him to develop feelings over time" 

"You're probably right" I agreed

"Though I do have to warn you," Miette put her hand on my shoulder, "if you don't hurry up, I might take him for myself" 

Despite being annoyed, I blushed at the idea, and asked with an annoyed tone: "Really?"

"Or maybe someone else will" Miette shrugged. "He's pretty good-looking after all" 

"Well don't rush things" I muttered, folding my arms across my chest. "Also, try not to tell anyone about this"

"I'll try, but you know I can't promise anything" She said

I sighed; Miette might just be the end of me.