Chapter Eleven

Serena

Serena

I think I had found out my least favorite Pokemon. After all, I had never really like ghost-types or poison-types -- put that together, along with creepiness, and you get Gengar. 

"We're not hitting him at all" Clemont frowned, referring to the fact that Gengar was hopping around like a circus performer. When our attacks would hit, he would use Phantom Force, and they would phase straight through.

On top of that, it was still nighttime despite being about around one in the afternoon. Shadow-hands kept arising from the ground, messing with our Pokemon, and Gengar would occasionally laugh creepily.

Ash returned Sceptile and called out Staraptor, while Clemont returned Luxray and brought out his Bunnelby.

"Staraptor, use Brave Bird!"

"Bunnelby, use Mud Shot!"

An aura of blue flames surrounded Staraptor, and he charged at Gengar who decided to stand still. Strategically using Phantom Force, Gengar managed to make Staraptor slam straight into the ground, but was hit by Mud Shot from Bunnelby.

"Now! Flamethrower!" I added, and Fennekin shot an attack that also hit

"So we can beat him, but we'll need perfect timing to do so" Clemont said

Ash turned to me, and I swallowed nervously. "Serena, we'll distract Gengar while you and Fennekin deal the damage"

I nodded, unable to let words out for some reason. It was either the fact that I was scared from all of Gengar's tricks, or Ash really was that cute. Miette had told me that he was "my type" with his messy black hair, and his brown eyes that sparkled every time you looked deeply into them. Not only did I see him as good looking, but I liked that he was confident, brave, and that he never gave up.

Maybe I did have a crush on him.

"Staraptor, use Swift!" Ash said

Staraptor flew higher up and flapped his wings forward, sending stars that missed and exploded against the ground. Gengar jumped onto a building and pushed off that to hit Staraptor with a hard Shadow Punch, sending him crashing to the ground.

"Bunnelby, use Dig!"

Bunnelby quickly burrowed into the ground, using his ears as a drill. Gengar landed on the ground and was met by Dig, getting sent flying into the wall of a shop. Our space, about three-quarters the size of a battlefield, was pretty limited, which meant that Gengar's surprising agility was even more of an annoyance.

Gengar recovered and raised up his small arms, summoning more shadow-hands that hit Bunnelby and Staraptor.

"Use Swift!" I said