Chapter Twenty

Narrator / October 12th (4 Weeks Later) / 1pm

Both X and Y had been waiting patiently the last month or so, waiting to see how Serena's relationship would develop between Ash and Calem respectively. They both knew that the clock had finally hit zero, and that today was the day.

"At last, the Bonds of Amour will be developed in my favor" X said -- he was standing on top of a mountain that overlooked Lumiose City and Vanville. Black mist flowed around him, polluting the air.

"How can you be so sure, Master?" Corvinight asked, perched on his shoulder

"I can feel it" X answered. "I took matters into my own hands and had a little chat with Calem. Since then, he's returned to his normal self, and I can really feel the spark between him and the fairy-type master"

"The goal you've been after for so long will finally be complete then" Corvinight said. "I thought it would take a lot longer, but here we are..."

"The last time two elemental masters fell in love was one hundred years ago" X muttered, making a fist. "I was lucky to have been sent to this time period, because Serena will finally break that streak"

"And if she chooses Ash?" Corvinight inquired

"She won't" X assured, completely positive.

Serena

Serena

"I just can't seem to replicate it" Ash said, wiping sweat from his forehead with a rag and sitting down on the grassy field

"Looks like it happened because you were in the moment" Calem guessed -- we were sat on a rock together, watching Ash train with Froakie against Gary.

It was a cool Saturday, not too hot or cold, and we were out near a large lake with a nice field overlooking it. Wild Fletching chirped off to our side, and other Pokemon were minding their own business on the other side. Over the past month, Calem was starting to seem a lot more like his old self again, so we were glad to have him around at times like this.

"Why don't you give it a shot, Calem?" I suggested. "Maybe Bisharp will push Froakie to use a special move, or whatever they're called"

"They're called Hidden Arts" a voice startled us all -- I almost fell off the rock -- and the creepy bells began to ring throughout the vicinity. Fletching quickly flew away, and the Pokemon feeding off the grass ran away.

"Y" Calem said. "What are you doing here?"

"Four weeks ago I felt a strange sensation coming from somewhere in Santalune City, where I knew Ash was having his gym battle" He explained. "I have a hypothesis I would like to test"