New Girl

I walked outside. The snow crunched beneath my UGGS. The wind was blowing wisps of my hair in my mouth. The sky was grey with the snow floating down gracefully. The wind kept biting my face. My dad lifted a box from the car and handed it to me. I looked at our new house. It was two stories with a basement. It had four bedrooms and two bathrooms. I walked in with my box and walked upstairs. My bedroom was big. I had my own bathroom and there was white sliding screen door that led to a balcony. The walls were a lilac color or pale purple. The floor was hardwood and the light was a bulb on the roof with a shade covering it. I set the box on my queen sized bed and walked out onto the balcony. It overlooked the river and the forest. The sight was breathtaking. I walked back into the room, locking the doors. I unpacked my items and walked downstairs.

Mom had all of the boxes in by then. My brother Aiden walked in. He was seventeen. He had sapphire blue eyes. His hair was usually jet black like mine but he decided to bleach it. He was wearing skinny jeans, v neck plain purple shirt and a hoodie. He sat on the couch and started to text his friends. Dad was asleep on the couch next to him. He looked like a sleeping baby.

Mom made steak, beans and mashed potatoes for dinner . We all sat at the table and ate. "What do you think about going to Chapman High kids?" Dad asked. Aiden shrugged. I just kept eating.

"Kids school starts on Monday, okay?" Mom said. I nodded. "Meanwhile, we have something to tell you." She said. Aiden stopped shoveling food into his mouth. "We're pregnant." Dad said. He couldn't hold it in any more. I stopped. At dinner? Seriously? "Congrats." I said. I finished and washed off my plate.

After a family meeting, everyone went to their rooms. I took a shower in my bathroom. My bathroom. Life is good. I could feel my hair clinging to my middle back and some water getting into my eyes. I got out and wrapped a towel around my wet body. I stood on the shaggy rug. I brushed out my hair, dried off and walked to go get dressed. I hadn't seen my closet yet, so when I walked in, it was amazing. A walk in closet. Dad had put my clothes boxes in here. I dug and grabbed cloth shorts, and a plain dark blue v neck. I finished unpacking my items. Then, I brushed my teeth, and scrubbed my face. I crawled into my bed sheets and fell asleep.

The next day I woke up around nine in the morning. I went into my closet and picked out a skater skirt with black leggings, red converse and a grey v neck crop top. I combed my hair until it was straight and walked downstairs. Mom was sitting on the couch, making out with dad. I made a ahum noise. I just walked back upstairs so I wouldn't have to see that horror again. I sat at my vanity and decided to do my makeup. I did the smokey eyes with a vibrant red lipstick. I grabbed my white hoodie and walked out. I got into the car and drove to Target.

I had to grab my school supplies that I needed. I grabbed all chevron, aztec, zebra, striped and polka dot print items. I checked out which was forty two dollars and seventy nine cents and left. I decided I needed a coffee and drove to Starbucks.

I ordered a french vanilla capacino and sat at a table with stools. I messed on my phone and got up to leave. I looked at a text message. I bumped into someone spilling my coffee on my white hoodie. I gasped. The liquid was so hot. I looked up ready to scream at him but I was shocked. He was hot. He had side swoop brown hair with green eyes. He was wearing a Chapman High letterman jacket with jeans and red Nikes.

"I am so sorry." He said. I nodded.

"It's okay." I assured him.

"No it isnt. Let me buy you a new one. Please." He said. I nodded. He went up and bought two hot cocoa and a capacino. The total was 14.84. He gave me two. I shook my head.

"Let me pay you back. Please." I said taking out a ten. He shook his head. "It's fine really. I'm Alex." He said.

"Savanna." I replied. "You go to Chapman High? "

He nodded. " I am new there. I will be coming Monday. " I told him. His face lit up. "Okay. At least you know me." He said. Some guys outside yelled for him. "Gotta go. It was nice meeting you." He said.

"You too." I told him. He walked me out. I walked to my car while he walked the other way. He looked at me and waved. I went into my car. He was the nicest man I have ever met. And I am pretty sure we just felt a connection.

****************************************

Thanks for the first chapter! What do you think? Is Alex a good man? Comment below.

Please remember to comment and vote!

Picture represents Alex and Savanna meeting.