Love Somebody

The nurse released me after an hour of resting. By then was lunchtime.  They had called my mom and had me tell her what happened.  She wanted me to come home but I insisted to stay.

I walked in the hall. Then a arm went around me. I jumped and realized it was Alex. I just walked faster.  He stopped me.

" Savanna are you busy this weekend? " He asked.

" Yes.  Sorry." I lied walking.  I looked back. He had his hands in fists and it looked like steam could be coming out of his ears.

I walked to the lunchroom.  I got spaghetti with salad and a cookie. Alex waved me over.  But I spotted Josiah. I walked over to him. He was at a table all alone. His face Lit up When He Saw me.

" Hey." I said.

" Hey. How you holding up?" He asked.

" Fine."

"Can I ask you a question.?" He said.

" Sure."

"Has he ever hit you before today? " He asked.

" No. " I lied. He glared at me. "Two other times." I said.

His face became red with anger. " Why do you let him do it." He said.

" I try to stop him but he just hits me." I explained. He shook his head.

" Hey." I said grabbing his arm. " I will deal with it.  It'll just take some time." I told him. He nodded.

We talked about our lives. He was a single child. His mom had died from cancer and his dad remarried a girl names Cynthia which was a pretty nice mom, he explained.

" My mom is having my baby brother in seven months. " I told him.

" Congrats ." He said.

"Thanks. " I mumbled.

I ate my lunch and dumped the tray. I bumped into Alex. 

" I'm so sorry. " I told him.

" Listen, we need to talk." He said.

" Alex I said we are over. " I told him.

" But baby I love you. I got a bad temper and I feel bad." He begged. I shook my head.

"Nope." I said popping the "p".

" Did you tell anyone. " He asked.

" No. I said I fell off of the stairs. " I told him. He grabbed my arm.

" You're lying. " He said through gritted teeth.  His grip hardened.

" We are over." I said for the millionth time today.

Josiah came to me and Alex moved his hand to mine.

" Everything okay?" He asked.

" We're fine." Alex growled.

" I was asking her." Josiah growled.

" Let's go Josiah. " I said walking off with him.

I knew the next time I saw him, I would pay for leaving with Josiah. But I didn't care. The look on his face was so worth it.

___________________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter.  Josiah came to the rescue. I don't know who to make her chose. Is Josiah the right guy?

I also wanted to say that I have been thinking about making a sequel to this book. I have no idea if I will.

Please remember to comment and vote!