The Trials - Part 2

I sat in Chemistry staring at the clock willing it to go faster.

Finally it was ten minutes till the end of the lesson so I put up my hand, excited to go.
The teacher glance lazily over his book and drawled 'Yes, miss Pedrad?'

'Sir, may I leave for the trials, please?'
I asked.
The teacher just stared st me then said curtly 'No, it starts in 4th period and we all go and watch not ten to! Only the ones trying out go at ten to.'

I glared at him, snapping 'I am trying out, Thank You Very Much! What? Just because I'm a girl means I can't try out?!' I was angry.

The teacher turned red, some girls hissed at him, and started stammering 'N-no I-I. I didn't know y-you were doing it was all! G-go ahead!'

I stood up, keeping eye contact, then spun on my heel, my bags swaying, and trotted out of the classroom to the girls lockers.

No one else was in there so I dumped my bags and changed into my football kit and made my way to the pitch.

The full team was there as well as Uri, Will, the boy peter - it seemed we both detested the other-, and 9 other boys.

It was the perfect number for two full teams.
we split into two, the actual team mixing into both teams so it was equal, then we sat down on the benches, after hudling together and checking which places people played.

I was a cornerback and wide reciever, Four was the quarterback for the other team, Zeke was fullback and safety for our team, Uri was a guard and a tackle for the other team and peter was an outside linebacker and tackle for the other team.

We heard a distant ringing, signaling the start of 4th period, and watched as a flowing river of bustling students meandered towards us and the bleachers.

It took another twenty minutes till everyone was seated and then a senior introduced all of us, many of us would not have been known.

All the boys did pick up lines and I was shaking my head by the time I was up, last.

I walked over to the boy with the microphone the took off my helmet, shaking out my ponytail.
I heard some muttering so started speaking with a smile
'Hi, I'm tris. And yes I am a girl.' I then turned to to the boy holding the mic and joked 'Don't tell me to prove it, that's a really bad pick up line. Actually no, those were bad pick up lines' I point over my shoulder to the boys now in position on the field.

There was a rumble of laughter from the bleachers then a voice hollered from behind me 'How do you know about that pick up?!'
It was Zeke so I hollered back 'None of you business! That's how.'

The microphone had picked up the banter and the rumble from the crowd turned to a roar.
I did an over exagerated bow then ran to my position.

---------------------time skip-----------------------

By lunch, my team was up 93 to 72.
We had gotten  12 touchdowns and the rest was using the goals.

When we sidled up to the bench I didn't sit down, instead I said 'I forgot to eat at break, I'm going to get food!'
All the time I'm pretty sure they could hear my stomach grumbling.

I, then, made my way to the canteen and walked in with my head down.
But it didn't matter, the whole room went silent as I walk through the doors, I felt selfconcious staring at my mud covered kit, but I continued to walk then a huge cheer erupted from every mouth around the room, causing me to stumble and look around frantically eyes wide.

I calmed down when I realised it wasn't hostile and was just a cheer.
I rushed over to the line waiting for food felling relieved I wasn't disliked, if anything the liked me quite a bit.