The party

We walked into the caffeteria and searched for our group.

Chris saw them first and hauled me over, to be greeted with shrieks of joy and congradulations.
But I wasn't listening, there had only been two spots open on the team, instead staring at Uri hard, who glanced at me then said with a sigh.

'Looks like the Pedrad Trio are still stuck together!'

To which I replied with a squeak and I ruffled his hair, squishing his dauntless cake in the process.

SHIT!

If there's one thing you don't do is mess with Uriah and his dauntless cake.

His eyes turned cold, growing darker till they were black voids in a, now, waxy white face.

I slowly stood as Uri mirrored me, 'you killed my cake!' Hissed through his teeth.

At this I spun and bolted, Uriah in full persuit.

---------------------Time Skip---------------------

I was still sprinting for my life around the halls when the bell went.
I kicked in one last time and shot off to music, where I hurtled through the door and shut it fast behind.

A second later, a loud thud shook the hinges.
I leant my back against the door and caught my breath.

I then saw my teacher looking at me with amusement and gasped out a
'So if I'm late, mi- Tory.'

I still wasn't used to adressing a teacher by their first name but Tory Wu insistead on it.

I then dragged myself over to my table, which consisted of me, Chris, Marlene and Lynn (who was the younger sister of Zekes girlfriend, Shauna), and crumpled in the seat in between Chris and Lynn.

'Girl you look s***!' Chris whispered
'Well I'm starving and sweaty!' I huffed.

At that point Uriah opened the door, with nearly an entire toilet roll held against his nose, and walked over to his place.

Chris passed me a sandwhich, which I took, smiled gratfully then devoured it.

'Alright class.' And with that I was focussed on miss Wu 'Today you are going to get into groups, practice a song of your choosing then perform it.
But there's a twist, the junior year group are going to watch.'

There was a murmur of exitement then everyone got started.

Our table all started dabeting and discussing what we could do.
Lynn could play the drums.
Marlene guitar.
And Chris could play guitar and piano.

They all turn to me and I dragged them into one of the recording booths at the back.

'Okay, no one knows I can sing, well I think I can, not even my brothers!'
'Go on then.' Christina wistled shoving me towards the mic.

I turned on the mic and plugged in my phone and started playing the backing track to Rare by Selena Gomez.
When I started sing it was like the girls were under a spell.

(I'm going to use Bianca as what I think her voice should sound like so you can listen bellow😆👇)

Once I had finished, I waited nervously for a few seconds before the room errupted in 'OMG' 's, even from Lynn.
And that is rare.

In the end we chose Don't Start Now by Dua Lipa and we started rehersing.