Confused

I woke up with a killer headache.
The sun wasn't up yet but my clock said it was quarter to four in the morning, it wasn't too early.
Well, maybe it was but I couldn't go back to sleep.
So I dragged myself out of bed, stumbling towards my wardrobe, and picked out the comfiest outfit I could, while still looking good.
(Pic up top)

I picked a necklace Zeke had got me for my last birthday.
One that seemed to hold the whole universe in its tiny glass orb, he had got it for me, when I wasn't looking, after seeing me staring at it in wonder through a shop window.

I then pulled a brush through my hair, ignored my make-up except a light coat of lipgloss and I gathered my bag, books and shoes then headed down to the 1st floor, where I proceeded to put everything by the door.
I then walked into the living room and sat on one of the sofas and stared out a window to gaze at a slowly lightening sky.

As I gazed, my thoughts started to whirl aroun in my head, I started to think about the last few days.
Within a single week, I had had so many close calls.
Uri would say dancing with death, though that's a little over dramatic for me.

But to be honest, I could have been seriously injured so many times.
Not only that, I could have died!
I had come so close to never being able to laugh with my brothers, hit them over the head when they're being idiots.
Close to not being able to look into their eyes, feel the warm embrace of Zeke or the joyous presence of Uriah.
To causing the pain and grief, the things we had all felt all to much at such a young age, of losing a loved one, to being yet another person to disappear from their lives.

Guilt washed over me as the true extent of what we had all been through this week hit me.
I had been so lax about this all, brushed it off, laughed at it even!
I had rolled my eyes and scoffed at my brothers being so overprotective.
Yet, they had evry single utter right to be!
And I shoved it off like fleck of dust on my shoulder.
I never thought about how easy it is to be here one moment and gone the next.

How easy it is to just disappear.

I suddenly yerned for my brothers, not to sit and stare at the sky, but to be next to them.
To feel their body heat, the thrum of their blood in their vains, the pulses of their hearts.
To know for sure that they were alive and real!

I stood up and started up the flights of stairs.
Once I was at the top floor, I walked down the hall until I was infront of Uri's door, which was opposite mine.
I lightly knocked but didn't get an answer, so I slowly cracked his door open and crept through.
I walked over and kneeled on the bed, next to his sleeping form, and shook his shoulders lightly, chewing my lip with my eyebrows lift slightly.

After a few minutes of gently shaking him awake, he came into conciousness.
First he squinted his eyes as if he couldn't see me, then he seemed to register me.
He glanced at his alarm clock that barely said 4:15 and groaned.
'Tris! What the hell, don't wake me up at-'

He stopped when he noticed my expression, he was suddenly awake, his eyes softening as he sat up and wrapped me in a hug.
I burrowed my face into his shoulder, choaking back a sob that was threatening to tear from my throte.
After a minute or two, he pulled back and swung his legs off the bed, standing up in his PJ shorts and grey T-shirt.
He then gently grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bed and began walking, with me trailing as I gripped his hand tightly, down the dark hall, past the stair and to the other side of the house where Zeke's room was.

When we got there, Uriah knocked on the door causing a disgruntled voice call out tiredly 'Yeah?'
Uriah opened the door and walked in, pulling me with him.
Zeke was lying in his monster sized bed, looking blearily at us, though, like Uri, he quickly woke up and understood.

He shuffled to one side of the bed and flung the duvet off of the empty area of the matress.
I climbed in first, to be greeted by Zekes reasuring arms pulling me into a hug, then Uri climbed in, pulled the duvet back over and wrapped his arms around me from the other side, gentle and caring.

This tradition had started not long after Dad died.
I would get up at night, scared, sorrowful and stressed, but I wouldn't know where to go as Mum had become distant and closed off, so I would wake up Uri and he would bring us both to Zeke where we would all get into bed and cuddle.
To reasure each other it would be okay and get better, to know that we're not alone.

It became routine to the point where Uri would stay awake until I came to get him, then Zeke just started to put us to bed in his room.
After about a year we stopped doing it every night as Zeke and Uri wanted me to be able to actually sleep in my own bed when I'm older, but we would always do it if one of us had something pretty bad happen or had a bad dream.

We hadn't done it in a few years, but it felt nice to be sandwiched between them.
I finally let the gates be ripped away as I let out a sob.
'I'm sorry... I caused... you to... worry! I didn't think how... you would've felt!' I gasped between sobs.
Ezi started stroking my hair and hushing me as Uri spoke in a gentle voice.
'Hey, hey, it's okay. You're okay and we're okay, nothing else matters. We just got a bit worried. The weeks been a bit of a rollercoaster, that's all!'

These were one of the few time Uri would act like The Older Brother rather than The Goofey Twin.
I slowly calmed down and fell asleep in their arms, feeling loved and cared for.

-----

I woke up to a fully dressed Uri carrying me somewhere.
'I know I woke you up early, but throwing me in the pool is low man!'
I grunted, still too sleepy to fully care, my response was met with a chuckle and him pulling me closer into his chest.

I blinked my blurry eyes and tried to focus them on my surroundings.
After a few moments, I realised we were walking into the kitchen, where Uri placed me gently on a stool and then hopped up on one next to me.
I then noticed Erin, smiling worridly, on the other side of the island, cooking Blueberrry Pancakes.

When a plate with the best looking pancakes ever was put in front of me, I just couldn't find my appitite.
So I just pushed the food around the plate, not realising either of my brothers talking to me.
I just stared into the plate as if it was a window to a magical world, until the plate was pulled away and my head shot up to look around.

'Hey, Tris?' Zekes' soft voice pulled my attention to him.
'Mm Hm?'
'We were asking you which car we're taking.' Uriah finished.
'Oh, you caan drive...' I mumbled, while tossing my keys at him.
This caused both Zeke and Uriah to do a double take, after all I never let anyone drive my baby other than me.

After a moment Uri got up, keys in hand, and headed for the car while grabbing my stuff on the way out.
Zeke then held out his hand to help me off the stool, but I wasn't in the mood for that, so instead I gave him the Puppy Dog eyes and grabby hands.
It was the same thing I did everyday when being picked up from school when I was four.

Zeke just smiled softly and put his arms under my armpits, giving me time to wrap my arms arounds his neck and legs around his waist.
I then proceeded to burry my head in his shoulder as he walked me out of the house and to the car.
Once in the car, Zeke shifted me so I was facing forwards with my head leaning back on his shoulder, then I heard a click which meant he had clipped us in.

I let my eyes close to the gentle murmur of voices, the hum of the car and Zeke rocking me slightly.
I fell asleep once more.