Excuses

Once the three of us had gotten home, I dragged my feet into the lounge and flung myself onto the first sofa I found.
The boys doing likewise, we all lay there on sofas in silence for a good 20 minutes, I was sure Uri was snoring, until I pulled myself up and slouched into the kitchen.

I was greeted by a complete mess of pans, bowels, utensils and just general bits of food and batter dotted around the surfaces and in the sink.

Of course they couldn't clean up after themselves!
Not even for a day where I'm actually not meant to do it!
Literal Doctors orders, for Pete's sake!

I mean we have a cleaner come in on Mondays, her name is Erin and she's only 26.
She's been working here since she was 20 and she's a really good friend and mother figure.

She comes in, cleans, cooks for us on the day and checks we have everything we need. She sometimes even goes shopping with me.
Ever since I was ten, she would always be there when I needed her.

So I get a day off from picking up after them for a day but why couldn't they look after me by looking after themselves!

I heaved a sigh then reached over the top of the island slightly, to reach a messy plate abandoned on the surface, and felt a small pain shoot across my ribs, causing me exhale sharply.

I straightened and lifted the side of my loose t-shirt to look at my mummified torso.
Although it was healing incredibly fast, probably due too my new found Divergence that I guess had always been there just my dad never bothered to tell me about it, yet it was still quite sore.

Wait a moment!

Didn't Dr Priors say I could repair my cells?
I guess there's only one way to find out!

I closed my eyes and took a few slow breaths then watched as the image of my ribs mending behind my eyelids, flowing like white liquid, two intertwining pillars trickling together.

It almost felt dream like when I felt a warmth grow under my bandages.
It was a pleasant tickle that spread through my torso as I re-grew my bones within seconds.
When I felt the warmth dissapate, I slowly took my dress and turtle neck off and layed it on the marble counter next to me, at least the girls had thought to give me my sports shorts to wear underneath.

Hesitantly, I pried the end of the bandage out of the twisted maze of cotton and started to unravel it, slowly getting glimpses of the skin beneath.

I felt vulnerable and slightly uncomfortable as I stood there.
The doctors had to bandage me from the just below my rib up to my armpits, which meant that I was standing in the middle of the kitchen naked from the waist up.

I took a deep breath and turned my attention from the counter to my body.
As my eyes fell upon my torso, I involentarily let a small gasp escape my lips.
The skin I was staring at was not broken, as it was just hours before, with gashes and cuts, bruises dotting my whole body and aching when coming into contact with anything and everything.

All that was on my skin now were faint brown splotches of bruises and a few shiny ridges, indicating old scars, where I had had an operation to reset the ribs.

All I could think was fucking hell Tris you're Mr Miyagi!...

Until I heard familiar voice swear and call out to Zeke.
My stomach dropped onto the floor as my heart leapt into my mouth.

Damn this bloody boy!
How and why the hell does he keep finding me in these very awkward looking positions.

I heard pattering feet and snatch the bundle of clothes next to me to clutch over my front.
Then I turned to see both my brothers with their mouths hanging open staring, not at me but at Four who was standing with his back to me and his nose skimming the door.