Mrs Prior

I awoke in a car with Zeke staring at me from above.

'What the hell just happend?!' I demanded.

'You had a small coma inducing seizure! I think?' Came an unfamiliar voice from the front of the car.

'You think?!' I exclaimed exasperatedly.

'Yeah well you are the most one of a kind out of the one of the kinds!' Came the same softly sweet voice.

I knew that voice from somewhere!

'Do I know you?' I questioned.

'Once upon a time!' She replied matter-of-factly.

'Urgh! What does that even mean?' I groaned, irritated at the indirect response.

Zeke prodded me in the ribs, as if I should be grateful for something.

My head hurt. My body hurt. I was basically being kidnapped.

What should I be grateful for?!

Then I was gone again.

Black smoke hung around me, cloaking my own body from my eyes.
Or was I the smoke.

But I couldn't be as seconds, it seemed, later the smoke solidified into a small room.

It was a nice, brightly coloured basement.
I was sitting on a plump footstall, my feet hanging off the edge, with Daddy next to me on the light pink carpetted floor.

'I like the Doctor, she's nice!' I heard my high-pitched voice laugh 'She also doesn't do as much babying and just takes the test and blood samples, though I don't get why she can take my blood but others can't' I piped, using as much adult vocabulary as I could understand and fit into the sentence with it still making sense.

Something crossed my fathers face, though I couldn't understand it, but was gone an instant after when he asked in his soft, comforting voice 'And where did you learn all these new words, Missy?' And plopped me on his knee.

I grinned sheepishly 'I read your Lord of the Rings book...' I muttered but piped up again, 'I didn't get most of the words, but I liked Gandelf!'

Shock widend his eyes at he stared at my eager face. 'Well you are the smartest child I know!' Awe underlaid the statement.

Then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, light and elegant, then the Dr emerged.

She had pure blond hair, a kind face and curious eyes. 'Dr!' I saluted, making her chuckle and respond in kind.
'Soldier!' Haulting then marching on to us.
'When's General Daddy going to take me to the park?' I queried in the same military tone.

I felt Daddy chuckle behind me and let myself grin wide, happy that he doesn't seem worried any more.
He seems to be worried all the time now, always careful.

I was watching the Dr intently, waiting to find out what made me... different, as daddy put it.

'Hi Tris, I'm Dr Prior and I'm here to help.' I nodded in reply, still seated on daddy's lap.

'So the Blood test I got back showed an interesting annomoly. You are like us but even more!'

I looked up to my Dad, confused, but he didn't seem to get it either.

Dr Prior seemed to realise that none of us understood and proceeded
'Tris, you're powerful. But that power can put you in danger. It also means your body reacts in different ways to different sittuations.'
Then she turned her attention to Daddy and she spoke firmly,
'Fear will be fine, so will happieness, excitment and everything else except one emption. You need to keep her away from trauma, I don't know how she'll react to it!'

I felt Daddy nod curtly then he started to rise, holding me tightly in his arms, as if scared to let go.

I wrap my arms around his neck as he marches to the stairs, once at the foot he turns back to Dr Prior and says 'Thank you. But I think that I should leave this sesion here for now.'

Dr Prior smiles gently and nods 'Of course, I understand.'
And with that Daddy assends to the floor above then out into a street I don't recognise.

Of course I don't recognise it!
It's cloud with black fog.

Oh, no.
It wasn't fog...

I blink in the brightness off the sun through the window, trees flashed past.
I feel disorentated as I feel my head spin.
Where the hell am I?!

'Urgh!' I groan feeling the sensation of déjà vu.
Then the familiar, irritated voice of Uriah rang out 'And her Highness has decided to grace us with her presence after scaring the shit out of us once more!'

'Again?!' I slurred incredulously.
I had passed out again?!
What was wrong with me!

I turned me head on Zeke's, now recognisable, lap and looked at the driver, the memorie coming back without having to have me pass out again.

'You better have an explanation for this Doc!' I muttered bitterly, but loud enough for everyone to here.
My brothers just seemed confused but Dr Prior grinned broadly.
'Wondered when it'd hit you!' She said with an under current of emotion that I couldn't figure out.

My thoughts were intteerupted when my brothers spoke at the same time.
Uri - 'Whhhhaaaaa-?'
Zeke - 'You know each other?'

Dr, or should I call her Mrs, Prior was the one to answer.
'Me and Bea, here, are old acquaintances.'
I winced as she said Bea, only my father called me that and the boys would notice.

Everyone fell into silence.
I welcomed it, it was a peaceful thing.
And, as I only had the energy to move head, melt into Zekes' lap, feeling safe and cared for, and stare at the roof of the car, I settled into all consuming thoughts about the long forgotten, or buried, memories that had resurfaced.

Why had they disappeared?
They had to be important!
Could they fill the whole inside me my parents had left in me as they departed from my life in different ways.
Was there something in me that was fighting to get out?

I heaved a sigh.
I couldn't do anything at the moment so I would just have to wait for answers...
Just great!

Hey!
I'm so sorry it took so long!
And thank you for the support, you have no idea how happy I am that people actually like the story!
Hope everyone is doing okay in this time of... well, crisis.
It sucks that UK lockdown has been extended another three weeks but as long as it helps keep people safe we should follow the rules.
Even if it really is crappy 😊
Please continue to start conversations with each other and me in the comment, we all need comunity at this point so lets make ours a good one here!
And yes I know, it's a weird thing for a teenager to say but at this point I actually miss school and irritating, dumb boys, my friends and even just the face to face interaction with people on the street.
Corona virus is ****ing anoying.
I'll try and update soon.
Stay safe, stay healthy and be happy.
Xx