H For Hebetudinous

He was unresponsive, Karma noticed. Not in the sense he was unconscious, but in the sense he paid no mind to the things around him. In the sense all was lost from the dark haired boy and that it was so far gone it would never return on its own. That Atsu would drift in a sea of nothingness, and one day he would drown, and the emotional turmoil would crash and burn. And he grinned at this revelation, because he'd been bored toying with Nagisa Shiota, but Atsu would be a tough nut to crack.

Atsu looked ahead, spaced out, that glaze he had ever so present, and their new teacher was angrily tapping at her tablet. Gritting her teeth and gnawing her finger tips in frustration. Her plan had failed miserably, ever so terribly and her cover was blown. There is no time to get everything redone, she needed to kill her target. She had to. But she had nothing on him, the information the blue haired boy told her amounted to barely anything at all, and the other kid, the one so boring she'd nearly forgotten about, had told her absolutely nothing. So, in turn, she needed more information, on the octopus and the strange boy.

"What's with this internet connection, are we on Mars!?" Atsu's figmented glaze became thicker, he was building a wall. One so tall and unbreakable that absolutely no body could break through, so that he could stay in his own little world. Where reality didn't exist and his torment was placed on someone deserving of pain, of suffering. The notorious delinquent of 3-E decided it was now or never. "Wow, looks like Ms Bitch is pissed off. I mean, my pride would be in shambles if my plan went tits up."

"Excuse me, Miss?" Yuma Isogai, the class president spoke up, his hair is spiked downward, as if to show his respect. "What."

"Well, if you're not going to teach us anything," He began nervously, eyebrows scrunched up, creasing his face. His uniform is crinkled and his shoes are old. The laces are falling apart, hanging to his shoes by a thread. "Do you mind if we swap you out for Korosensei? It's just, we've got entrance exams coming up and–"

She let's out a laugh that screams pathetic. It's condescending and vile, it rings around their heads. It's taunting, this teacher is like the rest of them. "You wanna swap me out for that disgusting creature while the planet's on notice?" She puts the red tablet on the old, wooden teachers desk. She begins to stand up, her blue eyes waver to the side and her blonde hair bounces up and down. Her lips are light, as if she's forcing herself to acknowledge them. She thinks they are beneath her, and Atsu does not care. "Must be paradise not knowing your ass from a hole in the ground."

She is standing, her hands placed snarkily on her white skirt, where her hips are. Her eyes narrow, she smirks, it's somehow demeaning to them all, but Atsu doesn't notice, he's in his own little universe. One where it is always raining by the ocean. Not heavy rain, but a light sunshower. The ocean is calm and it is somehow warm. He sits in between her and Kanashi, and the latter is not covered in bandages. She does not stutter away from everyone, and she feels the opposite of her name, a large grin sprawled on her faced.

"Give it a rest, even if the planet wasn't on the brink of destruction, entrance exams are for students with a future. Newsflash, that's not any of you losers."

Then the beach is gone and he is back in class. His head is ringing and he is tired. He picks on his cuticles, the damaged flesh is on the verge of bleeding. The pain jolts through his body, it makes him flinch from his own touch, before he goes back to picking and pealing the callused digit.

"I got an idea. How about this, kids? Forget about studying, help me kill the octopus and I'll give you a nice percentage of the reward money."

"Miss Jelavic?" Atsu raises his hand. It stands out in the crowd.

She grins-- so he finally decides to talk, huh? "Yes?"

He stands up beside his desk.

"I may just be speaking for myself but if we wanted to help we wouldn't tell you, I believe us being at this age makes us completely illogical, so in turn we've picked favorites. If any of us had a strategy in the first place and it was chosen between you and the target to tell, we'd much rather tell the target." His eyes bore into hers'. She flinches, teeth clenched against each other. Her bright blue eyes are staring at his dull colorless ones. She sees nothing, and it is terrifying. Soulless. His eyes are soulless. They are hollow, empty, she finds nothing, and it is terrifying because he's just a kid.

Somebody throws an eraser, it hits the blackboard and she snaps out of her state, he has sat down, how did she non notice?

"Wow Atsu-chan, didn't think you had that in you." Karma calls from his seat. His eyes are narrow, he is sceptical of his classmates facade.

"Get out," The class is glaring at the linguist, they are angry.

A bombarded of erasers and pencils and various other schools supplies are thrown. The hit the board behind the blonde assassin, she crosses her arms from protection against her head.

"That's it! I will make you rue the day you were born!"

Karasuma glowers from the doorway, and Atsu is back to staring out the window, watching how the sun reflects little droplets of light into the class. Even the shattered pieces on the windowsill, the ones dressed in grime and dust still shine. They still make the small amounts of light given on them double and triple in size. The sun has come out of hiding, it is confident and showy. The burning mass of heat warms up the room.

H is for Hebetudinous;

Let us make the most of this

I will try to forgive and forget

I will try to make the most of it

But, I can't stop remembering everything you did

All of those bets, those crazy things you would bid

It wasn't my fault, believe me

It wasn't my fault that I couldn't see

No it was, it was! The clouds have infested the sky

It is my fault, that you went to die

It should be me, way up in the sky.