M For Monotonous

The world seemed oddly bland today, as if it had surrounded it's color scheme with the shades that Atsu was made from. Black and white and varied versions of the mix.

Off-white-grey clouds litter the now cold, white sky, the sun has run away from earth taking a needed warmth in its leave. Tree's are crippled and the black, rotten wood is hollowed out, grey-pink mushroom take over the sides as browning grass is scavenged by rabbits far too skinny and deer much to desperate for some form of food for their young. The animals are more dull then he remembers, but he doesn't try hard enough to recall what they had looked like, it's best he not linger on pointless things. Everything will disappear eventually, anyway.

Words echo in his head in a distant matter, and everything feels like it's underwater, as if he was dr—

The teacher blabbered in the background, reminding them of a group project that was due, or whatever it was that he was declaring, Atsu wasn't paying enough attention to grasp. He'll figure it out when he gets home. Where he can numb everything out and stuff his ears with cotton and scratch until he bleeds-- home is where the heart is,-- until he suffocates to death in a way of his own design.

But for now he will remain uninterested in everything. He will ignore the cracks and the stinging in his eyes, he will ignore the still small voice in his dreary head.

Everything is so boring, not even the sun is willing to peak out of its hiding place for entertainment, it wants to hide. To sleep-- mother said to be home by late noon, that I'd need to help with something.

It's all so stodgy, so numb. Which was odd considering the fact Okuda was supposed to have poison experiments today. That today was supposed to be exciting to be interesting, but to him it all seemed boring, mind-numbingly so. Like it would all shut down and everything would climb into a blanket of dirt and earth to fall to an end.

He licked his lips, the cool air nipped at his tongue. His saliva chilling his teeth, and copper stuck to the roof of his mouth, like acid. He coughed into his hand softly, pennies filled his ears and nose, red and hot, like caramel, but more acerb, bitter. His hand is besmirched wine red. His eyes are bloodshot and wide, glossy with blackness that overtakes him.

Everything was at a standstill, his mother would refer to it as a stalemate if she heard about it, if she still asked what he did at school. If she still read him bedtime stories and he still let out a small smile to please her despite not feeling up to it.

It all seems so... Bland. Colorless and mundane. Atsu sighs so quietly that Okuda doesn't hear and Karma only glances for a single moment. Atsu hair blankets his eyes to a point he may close them if getting wishes, his hair is the night, dark and black pulling him to dream. And he does, the endless blabbering of students lulling him to a kind of slumber— he'd actually gotten sleep the night before, he couldn't remember what the dream was about. He could only remembering red and gold dots dancing in his blurry eyes, the taste of salt in his mouth, and deaf mumbles in his ears.

Black shrouds in his coal eyes, blotches of nothing swirl in his loose vision and the clouds hide the sun further, completely encapsulating the icy blue sky in its deathly pale grasp.

Korosensei stops teaching and all the students follow his beady black eyes to the sleeping boy in the back of the class, Atsu. The boy is staring off into nothing, he does not blink, he just stares-- is he sleeping with his eyes open?-- at the blinding white-grey light from the open window. His mouth is a line and his black orbs are hazed over with fog and water. With salt and fire. With ice and sleep. They go back to ignoring him. The teacher is talking.