S For Static

"Talk about a beaten path, Kyoto is a ghost town this far in!" Kayano is as energetic as ever. Her shiny eyes and green hair follow after her jumping steps. She skips rocks and and smiles delicately as they group walks into a deserted area.

They chatter noisily, filling up the deafening silence with words and sound. Atsu sticks his hands in his trouser pockets and fumbles with the pocket knife inside.

"Yeah." Kanzaki starts, biting her nails, her eyes dart from side to side as she continues her speech. "Places like this put a cap on the number of visitors they allow, so you don't catch many people wandering around."

They walk with light footsteps. Pacing slowly and watching the shadows move and curl around the alleyway. "That's why I made sure to put it on the itinerary!"

She smiles sweetly. It's not fake, Atsu takes note. It's been a while since he'd last seen a happy smile that wasn't accompanied by a mouth full of plastic and synthetic feelings.

"Good job Kanzaki, you really do your homework!" Kayano lowers her voice to a whisper, a sadistic sneer forming on her lips. "I vote this is where we do the deed."

"Ideal is right," A deep voice drops in. It is raspy and brusque. A thug like voice. The man that it belongs to is tall with a wide face and a large nose. His eyes are apposite of each other, he is cross-eyed. The gape in between his crooked teeth is terrible and ghastly. "It's also a great spot for kidnappers to spot their prey."

The group of middle schoolers ghasp in surprise, well most of them anyway. The highschoolers encompassed them, their leader chuckles evilly; his face is twisted with malice and his small, amber eyes are slits.

"I hope you don't take this the wrong way," Karma says, his voice confident as ever. Atsu's soulless eyes meet that of the kidnapper; the seventeen year old gulps. They recognize each other. "But something tells me you gentlemen aren't tourists."

"Don't try to be the hero, carrot top. Hand over your lady friends or一"

Karma punches him center face, bullseye. He collapses with a grunt as he hits the concrete floor. That's when the fight began, things just spiraled downhill from there.

"And make sure to get the pretty boy, he'll go down without a fight!"

They were right. This wasn't his first time with gang activity, especially this one. How inconvenient, I was planing to get Kanashi's medicine today.

_

Atsu was asleep, mumbling for something in a language none of the people in the room understood. Sleep talking was an odd habit he'd developed over the years. His parents hated it, Kanashi saw it as a form of comfort. At least when he wasn't screaming in his sleep.

"Stoppe,"

Then he stopped; the warehouse went completely silent. Nothing echoes, and then he speaks. It is dark and they all stare, the leader is sweating slight. He really should have went with just taking the girls; bet he can't flatter now. He must remain confident.

Atsu's charcoal eyes snap open, he looks directly at the leader, baring his bloody teeth in a terrifying grin.

"Tispe."

The ringleader in this circus of a gang growls at him. He snarls back. Then the leader focuses his attention on the girls. A lustful look filling his eyes at their fear. He forgets about the black haired boy for a second.

"I gave out buddies a call, and they're in. Tonight were going to have ourselves a little commemoration photo shoot with you all." He looks at Atsu, the teen is still smiling, his teeth are red and it's almost scary the way he can brush off his bruised cheeks and bloody nose. He doesn't even whimper. He doesn't cleanch his teeth, it's like he was flicked by a bug.

It almost tickles. He almost laughs, they think a bloody nose is painful? How idiotic.

"Feel free to scream as much as you like, no-one'll hear ya' except for-"

"Fæn deg," Atsu continues, interrupting the leader.

"Look, brat 一"

"Yes, Ryuki?" Atsu smiles, his voice raising pitches menacingly, his classmates shiver一 no the room shivers in fear. If the devil would smile, they are sure that is what it would look like. Kayano shakes, Kanzaki's breath hitches in her throat.

Atsu can look horribly terrifying; his lack of fear makes it all the more scary.

"Is there something you wanted, last I recall I was going on a class trip, I don't remember doing anything to instigate this mess. So if you would be ever so kind as to explain why me and my classmates are here, that would be all good and well." His words are emotionless. Empty, but somehow it scares them all. The highschoolers are sweating, so are his classmates.

The cold that moves off of him is morbid; his face has bruises and they chipped one of his teeth, now he's lopsided. How terrible, Kanashi will worry now, she'll give him that sad smile oh how he hates that一

He feels empty. His head is light and his back is trembling in exhaust; but he doesn't care. Atsu, despite his arms being tied with rope behind his back, gets up onto his dainty feet. His legs are slightly numb and his right ankle is fractured, but he ignores it. The plaster on his body is loose. How tiring.

His teeth taste like copper, they are cold from the wind.

"W-well," Ryuki begins. His eyes dart to the people in the room, he gulps. Fear covers him in the form of goosebumps and sweat. The leader tugs on the collar of his uniform. He really should have stayed with the plan.

Atsu takes his distraction form and uses it to his advantage. Slipping the small knife from his back pocket and cuts the rope surrounding his wrists. They are red and the bandages on them have become undone.

How unfortunate.

He points the knife at the leader, his smile has dropped; his eyes are desolent. His mouth is closed over his crimson teeth and his hands are green and yellow with light bruising.

His face is pale and blank, except the smear of vermilion from his nose to his lips, a bottle has broken into shards of glass on bleak pavement on a blank road and an empty street.

The bubbles fizzle with anger.

_

"When a group member has been abducted?" Nagisa reads off. The wind drags his long hair up, and he almost giggles. Isogai interupts his stream of thoughts, he messes his hair and unlocks his jaw into a look of surprise.

"I'm just gonna say it, what kind of guidebook covers this stuff?" The baseball loving boy shouted out, awe evident in his tone

"The kind of guidebook an insanely thorough teacher writer, apparently." Nagisa murmurs, his eyes are glassy with happiness.

And he is correct, only an extremely thorough teacher would go through such trouble for them. For the lowlife of E-class.

Karma may have to reevaluate his past dealings.

S is for Static;
Is that not, well, fantastic!
Truly, like magic

A/N: oh? What's this? Hidden emotions? Sadistic side? Character development?