J For Juvenile

He stared out the window, marveling at the shiny dots if light that glimmered on the windowsill, his lips are crooked. It almost looks like a grin. They all look at him from time to time, sideway glances. Because none of them really took notice of him before earlier that day. He was just so boring, it was an odd comparison due to the fact that the nearest person in his row was a juvenile delinquent, one that could spark interest in any of them. Speaking of which, Karma had been glaring at anyone who looked at the oblivious boy. His golden eyes would narrow to a glare, spitefully.

But, as always, our protagonist was either oblivious or simply didn't care, his dull eyes seemed brighter, but that could've just been the sun tricking them into seeing that. The class saw burning charcoal, shiny and pretty. It hisses in the blazing fire. It is luminous.

"Hey, Hino!"

He hummed in response. His dark hair fluttered just above his eyes. The thick substance made him seem like a mystery. Something colorless, transparent, he is invisible. Nagisa almost forgets why he called out to the boy. Then it comes back to him, right-- I invited him to hang out with me and the guys,-- oh! And Kayino.

"Oh, I was just wondering if you still wanted to hang out after school with us today."

He had completely forgotten, the information having slipped his mind. The words barely registered at first, but once they did he'd remembered he had agreed to it. And he'd told his parents who'd said yes, of course they probably changed their minds but he wouldn't take that into account. He would forget about it until a belt knocked it back into him. Because he didn't want to remember. He never wanted to remember anything, not since she died. He stared into the blue abyss of his classmates eyes.

He pushed that thought to the back of his mind, his skin is cracking but he will ignore it until it's too late, until he is bleeding emotions from his eyes and he is screaming to vengeance at the crying sky. He nodded at the blue haired boy-girl nonchalantly, the slight tip of his head giving Shiota the perfect opportunity to ignore him once again. Because-- what's with the dead look? The bluenet contemplated talking more to the stoic boy. Then he sighed and continued to study.

Akabane took this as the perfect opportunity to indulge into his obsession once more, cradling his play think into entertainment, because he was only bored, but even then he couldn't help but take notice of the dark under his eyes and the way he took far too long to blink, and that he'd yawned four times in class. "Hey, Atsu-chan?"

A mop of black hair tilted in response to his name being called. "Yes Akabane?" He mutters.

Golden eyes fall on tinted white. His skin is pale-- too pale. It looks a few shades off of paper. The sun backscatters, stumbling away from the deathly colored surface. Akabane grinned, opening his mouth, ready to spill a mix of coherent syllables into words, to remind his source of entertainment to refer to him by his first name. But the door opened and in came their most hated teacher.

She walked to the blackboard, sandled feet thumping on the damp ground. She picked up the piecy substance, holding it to the writing surface, she began to write.

'You are incredible in bed.' Was written in perfect English, Atsu looked at it boredly. Not deciphering it, his father had forced him into taking English and Russian due to the fact he was supposed to take over the family business, eventually. He was still supposed to take it on, his parents just resented him now, that was the only difference.

"What word does incredible modify?" She turned around, blonde tresses swaying in the hazing air. Atsu raises his dry hand, flakes of skin on the verge of falling, they are dead.

"Yes, Hino." She spat, hiding her rage behind her eyes. She still held a grudge against the boy.

"You," He responds, she stares at him. Nothing, no blush or nervous demeanor. Nothing. Nothing-- why is he so... Dull?

"Correct." Is her response.

"I once took out an American VIP, literally. I had my feminine grace to thank for getting me close to the target." She continues, a nostalgic look in her eyes. "The poor guy fell for me hook line and sinker, "You are incredible in bed." he told me. So, incredible, in this case, as Hino says, modifies the word you."

You could cut the awkward tension with a knife, it dangles in the air, suffocating. The class blushes, even the unfazed Terasuka and Akabane have a tinge of red sketched on their faces, yet the monochrome one is still colorless, his lifeless eyes sit forfront. He is by the sea. Clouds cover his eyes in a thick glaze and he is smiling and holding Kanashi's hand as they sit on a rock as waves carelessly drag past them. She is grinning at her, they hold hands and laugh in a jovial manner.

"The only way to learn grammar is to see how it's used in the real world, a full emersion course in foreign language. Get a lover that speaks it and you can't miss,"

She paused. "I know grammar seems boring and technical, but it's what underpins how we communicate. Communication is key in my line of work, and in life. Whether speaking English, French, or Portuguese, I'll have you know that all people need to express their thoughts are words. The examples might be risque, but they're really life scenarios."

Time stands still in that moment. A thick glaze of confusion encapsulates the isolated building, it is brimming with something akin to smog, it stops those who want to see through. It is blinding.

"Don't expect me to be like the octopus, he can help you with your entrance exams- which isn't without value, I suppose- all I can do is help you with learn the art of conversation. Here's the deal; if after a while you think this is stupid, that I'm not a teacher, fine. I'll give up my assignment and leave."

She shyly looked away, her fingers nervously dancing on one another as her blue eyes teetered from their dumbfounded stares. "So this 'ought to put us on level,"

Then her face changed hue, pink hugging her cheeks as she whispered an apology, "and I'm sorry about being such a bitch."

She looked at the class, the dark haired boy in particular, to see if anything changed. But nothing did, his eyes were still distant and ever so blank. Nothing differed, and she felt worry cling to her gut, because the only emotion she'd seen radiating from him was something she had regretted severely. Irina scrunched her brows in classic type of concern looking at the blank child. Because the amount of fear he'd shown was something to worry about.

J for Juvenile;
I am worthless and vile
Just despicable

(A/N: Yo, I tried a haiku.)