Chapter 7: The Bad Luck Charm

-Atlas, Schnee Mansion-

After the charity event died down, everyone was sent home early, and everyone in the Schnee family had turned in for the night. It was late, and the twins had already fallen asleep, while Jacques had individually apologized to the guests about how Weiss had acted, and had his servants take them to their room, while Weiss went to her own had to have a little chat with him.

Weiss sat at the edge of the bed with her hands folded, as Jacques paced around her room.

"Unbelievable!" He exclaimed, at point stopping to turn to her, "Absolutely unbelievable! Do you have any idea what your stunt cost us!?"

"I--" Weiss tried to say before getting cut off.

"--And don't think I'm just talking about lien here!" Jacques said, "Our reputation! Our--Our--!"

Jacques stopped himself as he let out a groan. Weiss took a deep breath before she spoke her mind.

"I want to leave."

Jacques turned to his daughter, looking dumbfounded, "I beg your pardon?"

"I said I want to leave!" Weiss said, "I don't want to stay here anymore! I don't want to stay in Atlas anymore!"

"Young lady, I don't give a damn about what you want!" Jacques said to her, "This isn't about YOU. This is about the Schnee family name, and your apparent insistence on dragging it through the mud!"

Weiss felt offended as she stood before yelling, "I've done NOTHING but fight to uphold the honor of MY family name! A name that YOU married into!"

SMACK!

Weiss froze up when she felt a burning sensation on her cheek, as she looked up to Jacques in just pure shock as Jacques had an incredulous look in his eyes. When he spoke again, he had a calmness in his voice, and yet she could sense an intimidation as he spoke.

"This behavior of yours in incredibly disappointing." He said, "You couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone through in order to keep this family where it is. You think running like your sister is going to make you a stronger Schnee? You're wrong. Siding with her, only divides us."

"I'm not siding with anyone!" She argued, "I'm doing what I feel is right, and it does NOT include wasting my time here with these clueless people here in Atlas! The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to lead! It's mine! And I'll do it as a Huntress!"

Jacques only rolled his eyes, though still had his smile. "No... You won't." He soon said, surprising her "You're not to leave the manor grounds unless I specifically allow it."

"... Excuse me?" Weiss said surprised.

"You are going to remain here." He told her, "Out of sight, and out of trouble until you and I come to an agreement on your future."

Her eyes widened in disbelief at this. She couldn't believe what her father was saying! Hell, she couldn't exactly believe what she was suggesting.

"You can't be serious!" She yelled.

"Your presupposition that can simply have whatever it is you want." Jacques said, "It's a clear sign of our failure as parents, but from now on, I'll be giving you the full attention you require, starting by keeping you where I can see you."

He was really suggesting it, and yet she still couldn't believe it! If she needed more of a reason to hate her father, this would be it!

"You can't just keep me from leaving!" She argued.