0.2

*

*

The room she sat in was small. A metal chair was placed in the middle, along with a computer on a table. A Candor woman with short blonde hair glanced at Annabella when she came in before motioning to the chair.

"Sit down."

Annabella sat, smoothing out her skirt as she did. Beside her, the woman filled up a small cup. "I'm Holly. I'll be administering your test today. Once in the simulation, you'll be be offered a series of options to see which faction you best fit in to."

Holly looked up Annabella's outfit with a grimace. "You'll be fine. 95% get their original faction, so don't be surprised or upset if you do to."

Annabella rolled her eyes at the woman as she held out the cup. Annabella grabbed it, holding it up to Holly before tipping it back. "Cheers."

She heard Holly snort at her as she leaned her head back and closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes again, she was in a room full of mirrors. Annabella sat up in the metal chair, furrowing her brows as she looked around. The room was endless, and she could see every angle of herself.

She stood, walking towards the front of the chair to try and see what else was in the room. However, she jumped when she heard a voice behind her. "Choose."

In front of her now was a version of herself, dressed in the same Amity clothes she had on. In between them was two small tables. On one sat a knife and on the other was a block of cheese. Annabella eyed herself warily before she picked up a knife.

The other Annabella disappeared and the sound of a dog barking echoed around the room. Annabella spun on her heel, noticing a large dog inching toward her, growling menacingly. She curled her fist around the knife tightly, crouching into her own attack position. Annabella had never attacked anything before, but she was determined to defend herself.

"A puppy!" Annabella looked to her left, eyes widening at the little girl who had appeared there. She was young, obviously from Amity from the clothes she was wearing. The child began to run to the dog, causing the animal to switch its attention from Annabella to the girl.

Annabella acted fact, lunging toward the dog before it reached the girl. Annabella jumped, the hand that held the knife was outstretched and she wrapped it around the dog as she reached him. Just as her hands gripped the dog's fur, she was pulled backwards.

She opened her eyes with a gasp, shooting up from the chair to a sitting position. Her chest rose up and down heavily, and she took a deep breath to settle her nerves. Annabella looked to Holly, who looked impressed.

"Congratulations." She told her. "Your result was Dauntless."

---

Annabella sat on a table outside of the school building, waiting on Naomi. She was ecstatic - her test results were exactly what she wanted and now she could leave Amity without any doubts about where she belonged.