0.4

*

*

Once everyone else had jumped from the roof and gathered in the compound, the group was told to gather in the center of the room. The man who had been on the roof stood next to the man who helped Annabella from the net. Two other people had joined them - one was a woman. Annabella skimmed her eyes over her, not noticing anything significant about her appearance.

But then her eyes landed on him.

He looked bored - his broad arms were crossed over each other and his light gray eyes were hooded as he leaned back against the wall. Above his eyebrow were two piercings and, as Annabella stared at him, she noticed that his ears held gauges as well. Tattoos in the shape of arrows lined his muscular arms and she allowed her eyes to linger on them. She had rarely seen tattoos before and the man looked good with them.

He looked good.

She wondered what his role was in the faction. Considering there were only a handful of people down here besides the initiates, she figured he had to be pretty high up in the rankings. His gray eyes swooped over the group, stopping when they landed on hers. He raised a brow at her, causing her to snap her eyes away from him. Her cheeks turned warm quickly.

"Alright." The man who had helped her out of the net spoke. "Dauntless born go with Lauren, transfers stay with me."

The Dauntless born left with the other woman - Lauren- quickly, leaving a smaller group with the three men. "My name's Four."

Christina snorted at him beside Annabella. "Four like the number?"

Four smirked at her. "Exactly like the number."

"What?" She laughed again. "One through three were taken?"

He looked at her with dark eyes, scoffing before walking forward with crossed arms. "What's your name?"

She told him, flicking her hair back as she did so. Ana watched in amusement at her new friend's behavior. "Well Christina, the first lesson you learn from me is to keep your mouth shut. Do you understand me?"

Christina nodded, uttering a soft 'yes.' Annabella sent her a smile - she could tell the girl was embarrassed now. She sure as hell would be.

Four turned around and began to walk, causing the group of transfers to scramble after him. Ana looked around with wide eyes, noting how different this faction looked to Amity. Distant cheering grew louder as they reached a room. They stood behind a railing, looking over a large room of people. Ana smirked at how happy the people looked below her.

"This is the Pit." Four told them. "The center of life here at Dauntless."

They continued to walk, being taken through the training room and then a place called the chasm. Ana almost felt scared as she leaned over the rail to look into the chasm. There was only one rail on the skinny walkway, making it easy for someone to trip and fall to the bottom, where a body of water was. She was more than happy to get off of the bridge.