0.6

*

*

"Are you okay, Tris?"

The group of friends sat in their compound after training that evening. Tris had an ice pack pressed against her cheek, her forehead resting on her closed palm. Tris shook her head, closing her eyes tightly. "I'm never gonna make it."

"Don't say that." Ana scolded her.

"I'm the weakest one here. You saw the board."

After Tris's fight, Eric had shown the initiates the rankings so far. Tris and Al were under the red line, while the other three were over it. Ana was one spot away from being under the line, but she was determined to make it through the stages.

"Then you'll be most improved." Christina nudged her, trying to cheer her up.

"You're Candor." Tris said to Christina. "You're not supposed to lie."

"I was Candor." Christina corrected. "And I'm not lying."

Tris sighed, changing the subject. "If they cut me, I think my parents would take me back."

Ana looked around the group, locking eyes with Will. Tris's parents couldn't take her back.

"It doesn't work like that. Even if they would, the factions wouldn't allow it." Will said and Ana hummed in agreement, shooting her friend a tight smile.

"This is getting depressing." Christina said, pushing herself off the bed to stand. "You know what we should do? Get tattoos."

Ana's eyes widened and she immediately agreed with the girl. She liked the tattoos she had seen since she had arrived in Dauntless and she was eager to get her own. Her mind wandered to the tattoos along Eric's arm and she was soon thinking of him again.

She wished she had gotten a chance to actually thank him after he had helped her in training. He had disappeared immediately after he showed them the leader board, making sure not to look towards Ana once. 

"Ana." She looked up at Al, who was waiting for her patiently. "Let's go."

She followed behind them quickly, now excited about going to get tattoos. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted yet, but hoped that the shop would give her some options. 

The shop was pretty empty when they arrived, aside from one girl who was also looking at tattoo options. She seemed like she was already a member of Dauntless with her blacks clothes and rose tattoo peeking out from under her tank top. As Ana looked at her, she could also see a tribal tattoo running down her arm. 

She raised an eyebrow at that - Dauntless must have liked that pattern. The woman turned at the sound of Ann and her friends walking in, smiling when she saw them. Her smile subtly fell when she saw Tris but Ann caught it anyway. Strange.

"Can I help you?" She asked, leaning against the counter now.

"We want to get tattoos." Christina told her, and the girl rolled her eyes.