Why Can't Thursday Last Forever?

A/N just a warning, they move quick in the beginning of the story, but thats on purpose and contributes to the story, so dont think its weird and shit.

Jack's POV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I stayed home the next day, and the following Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. When I got to school, everything was normal. I'd expected my secret to be out and for everyone to be watching and talking. But no one was. The day went quick, and when I was over, I booked it to the music room. I sat and picked up a guitar before slowly thinking of something. I played it and hummed along quietly before eventually stopping and pulling out my notebook and writing down the stuff.

"Ditching me, are ya?" I looked up and saw Alex. He sat next to me. "You're good at playing."

"Thanks." I smiled lightly.

" What we're you playing?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Just something that was in my head today." I told him. He pulled his bag off his back and pulled out a notebook before flipping threw it. He stopped at one and began writing a few lines of something.

" Write a song with me?" He asked. I gave an awkward look. "I only have a few lines, but I'm better on spot. Start playing again. The same thing." I shrugged and started playing. To my surprise, he began singing along.

" Maybe situation overload. I'm restless, obsessed with your future. And all my worries, they don't bother you. Collected, you render me useless. But I carry on." We both stopped. Instantly we both started working in our parts. What seemed like minutes later, we finished individually.

" Okay. Okay. Now we put it together." I laughed, not knowing the words he was gonna use.

" Start playing." He said. I nodded.

"Mayday situation overload. I'm restless, obsessed with your future. And all my worries, they don't bother you. Collected, you render me useless. But I carry on.

Right now, I think that you think that I'm half drunk. Searching for something of substance. Casually dropping a line designed to keep you next to me. I can't awkwardly craft in advance. I know that you wouldn't fall for that. You say "Shut up and take my hand." And we carry on.

I don't want to say goodnight. The city comes alive when we're together. Why can't Thursday last forever. I don't want to say goodnight. I've never been so sure. Just do it for the memories. And do it for Baltimore. And do it for me.

Hot damn. Look at me now I'm all caught up. Riding the high of my good luck. Casually dropping a line designed to keep you next to me. I bet you never thought you would fall again. So much for keeping this just friends. Shut up and kiss me now. And we carry on.

I don't want to say goodnight. The city comes alive when we're together. Why can't Thursday last forever. I don't want to say goodnight. I've never been so sure. Just do it for the memories. And do it for Baltimore. And do it for me. Do it for me.

Mayday situation overload. I'm restless, obsessed with your future. And all my worries, they don't bother you. Collected, you render me useless. But I carry on.

I don't want to say goodnight. The city comes alive when we're together. WY can't Thursday last forever. I don't want to say goodnight. I've never been so sure. Just do it for the memories. And do it for Baltimore. And do it for me.