Time Bomb

Jack's POV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Okay, I'm really freaking tired..." I stated one morning. I'd gotten out of the hospital a few days ago, and Alex was sitting next to me playing with his ring on his finger. He looked up at me.

"Wanna go back to sleep?" He asked. I shook my head and yawned.

"No, but I want this neck brace off. I feel like a dog with fleas." I sighed. "I can't even properly kiss you."

"I'd prefer you healthy and un-fractured than no neck brace and proper kisses." He stated and I frowned. He stood and looked at me, taking my uninjured hand in his and kissed me softly but properly.

"I love you, Alex." I told him. He smiled and pulled back.

"I love you too." He sat back down and kissed my shoulder.  "Besides, the doctor said your neck brace should come off in like a month, and the cast can come off about two weeks after that. So you have about a month and a half." I grumbled.

"I can't even flip my bangs from my hair." I said and tried to demonstrate, flipping the entire upper half of my body to flip the bangs. He laughed at me and held me still.

"You're gonna hurt yourself, asshole." he stated. i grabbed a pillow from beside him and put it on his lap before moving around and laying down on his lap. I smiled at him and began playing with his hair. "Plus, you look cute with a lavender cast and blue neck brace."

"I totally pull off the gimp look." I laughed. He leaned down and kissed me again before smiling. A few minutes later, I fell asleep. When I woke up, I saw he was leaned back and also asleep, but his phone was on the table vibrating. I managed to reach over and pick it up, seeing his mom's ID. I answered for him.

"Hello." I answered.

"Jack? Where's Alex?" She asked.

"Sleeping on the couch." I stated. "Want ms to wake him up?"

"No, just tell him when he does, he needs to come home. You can come over, too." She told me.

"Alright. I'll tell him." I replied.

"Thanks, Jack." She said and hung up. I sat his phone down and yawned. I stayed where I was for a while until he loudly snored and jolted himself awake. I watched him before he looked down.

"Hey, you're awake." He smiled. I laughed at him.

"Dipshit." I reached up and poked him. "Your mom said you have to come home when you woke up, and I'm allowed to come too."

"Did she call you?"He asked.

"No, she called you but you were asleep." I smiled. "Hey, help me up..." he helped me sit up all the way and I yawned.

"Want me to run upstairs and find you some clothes?" He asked. I gave him a thumbs up while yawning again.

"I have to pee so I'll be in the bathroom." I told him and stood up slowly and walked to the bathroom. I managed to get my shorts pulled up and after a few minutes and flush before Alex knocked. I let him in before washing my hands. He sat the clothes on the edge of the sink before I smiled at him.

"I can get my shirt, but I might need help with my pants." I told him, and he nodded.

"I'll wait. Tell me if you need help." He stated. I nodded and turned to the mirror, taking off the neck brace for a moment. I felt happy at the cool air that hit my neck, but missed the support keeping the pain away, so I quickly worked the shirt off of me and replaced it before strapping the brace back on properly. After, I got my shorts down and my legs into the jeans before groaning angrily.