Do It For Baltimore

Jack's POV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Alex!" I exclaimed and picked him up. He made a weird noise as i tossed him over my shoulder.

"Jaaaaaack." He mumbled.

"Alex, I want cuddles." I told him.

"Well, that's kinda hard when all I'm seeing is your ass..." he said. I laughed and sat him down.

"Cuddles now?" I asked.

"Actually, I was gonna ask if you wanted to go to town for a while before we go back to Baltimore." He said.

"Alright. I'll ask if we can go." I smiled. When we got the okay, we got dressed and headed to my car. On our way to town, my phone rang. "Answer that for me." He nodded and put it on speaker, saying it's Rian calling.

"Hey." Alex answered.

"Alex!  I tried to call.your phone first, but you didn't answer." He said.

"I forgot it at the cabin." He laughed. "Jack's driving. That's why I'm talking."

"Okay. Hey, you're not gonna believe this." He said.

"What aren't we going to believe?" I asked.

"Remember when Cass, Tay, and Taylor cane to our band practice a few weeks ago?" He asked.

"Yeah..." Alex and I replied.

"Cass was filming us play a few songs and put it on YouTube. Hopeless Records saw it and wants to meet with us." He said. I slammed on the breaks, causing Alex and I to jolt forward.

"Oh my god!" I yelled. Alex looked at me shocked.

"Are you trying to kill us?!" He slapped my arm.

"Sorry! I panicked!" I shouted back.

"Calm down!" Rian yelled into the phone. I took a deep breath and began driving again.

"When does he want to meet us?" Alex asked.

"I don't know. Zack is on the phone now with the dude." Rian said. He said something for a second to Zack before Rian spoke again. "I'm gonna hang up, but he's gonna call a huge group call to all of us."

"Alright." Alex said and hung up. A few moments later, the phone rang and Alex answered instantly.

"Hey there, Boys." A man's voice said.

"Hey." Alex said calmly. I couldn't speak.

"So, I saw the videos of you guys playing." He started. "I think you did great... How old steps you boys?"

"I'm almost seventeen." Alex told him.

"Seventeen." Zack said.

"Eighteen." Rian said. I still couldn't speak.

"Jack is eighteen, too." Alex said and tapped my arm. I pulled over and parked on the side of the road. Alex gave me a concerned look and I just shook my head. "Jack, are you okay?"

"I think I'm dying." I mumbled.

"Dude, breath." Zack said.

"I'm trying." I choked.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked.

"I think both getting the call and slamming on the breaks just killed me." I said.

"Why are you on the phone and driving?" The record dude said.

"Alex has the phone speaker and I'm driving." I told him.