Do It For Me

Jack's POV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So, how was it?" My mom asked when all four of us walked in.

"You are looking at the four newest members of Hopeless Records." I stated.

"What?!" She looked at us in shock.

"They signed us like an hour after we got the and we recorded an EP in the same room with Avenged Sevenfold." Alex said.

"He gave us the rough copy of the EP to give to friends, and said when they're done editing and stuff, it'll be released right after Christmas." I added.

"That's great!" She smiled. "But you have school tomorrow, and it's two in the morning."

I'm staying here tonight." Alex said. Rian and Zack left after that, and we went to my room.

-Next Day-

"So, how was the trip?" Tay asked us the next day.

"Not too good." Alex sighed, lying.

"Oh... I'm sorry. There will be more opportunities. You'll get signed." She hugged us.

"By the way, do you want a copy of our first professionally produced EP with Hopeless Records?" I asked. Her jaw dropped.

"Oh my god!" She looked at us and grabbed the CD from Alex. She looked at us, then the CD. "You got signed?!" She hugged us again.

"And recorded in front of Avenged Sevenfold." Alex told her. She squealed.

"Oh my god!"  She jumped up and down. "I'm gonna listen to this as soon as i get home."

"Good. Let the glory of it drown you." I joked as Alex and I walked to class. By lunch, everyone had heard that we were signed to a record company. In the last class of the day, we were all four called to the office, where they all congratulated us.

"Boys, we have a question for you." The principal asked. "Well, a few questions.

"Go right ahead."Alex said.

"First thing, this whole record lable thing isn't going to effect you with school, is it?" She asked.

"Of course not." Zack said. "We all plan to finish the year."

"Good. Another thing, would you be willing to possibly play a little show for the school before winter break?" She asked. We all looked at each other.

"Sure... When is winter break?"Alex asked.

"Friday is the last day." She stated.

"Ah. I'm sure we could play something." I said.

"Awesome. Friday after lunch, we can get you set up in the gym." She smiled. We smiled back and left, going back to class. The rest of the week went quick, and on Firday, the halls were covered in posters about the small show that would be played at the end of the day. When lunch finished,  we walked to the gym. There were three of the staff members there, and saw us.

"We're supposed to be helping you boys set up, but I don't quite know how to do that." One said.

"Well, we can almost do it. We might need a little help." Rian said. Then we began setting everything up, only needing one power cord, and two extension cords. It took twenty minutes to set everything up and make sure it was all working. A few minutes later, kids started pouring into the room. A few minutes after that, everyone was sitting and talking, Alex started talking.

Alex's POV

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I tapped the mic, and people started to pay attention.