nine.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER NINE

ooix. hostile nature
( season one ; episode five )

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

TAYLOR WATCHED AS Shane walked over to Lori, crouching down to be at her height seeing as she was sitting down. That can't be good. Taylor thought with narrowed eyes, a harsh glare on her face.

After a few words were exchanged, Rick walked out of the RV, Taylor making her way over to hear, Rick ask, "What habits?"

"Yeah, насильник, what habits?" Taylor sneered slightly.

"Just talking about my need for a plan, man." Shane told Rick glancing at Taylor, his eyebrows furrowed by her use of the Russian word she had taken to call him, he knew it was Russian, he overheard her saying it was Russian.

"So, what is it? Are we leaving or not? Maybe y'all just want to stay here. We should hang some more tin cans." Shane told him.

"We can't stay here. We both know that." Rick told his best friend.

"I was just telling Shane I think we should trust your gut." Lori told her husband.

"По крайней мере, вы не доверяете слову насильника." Taylor told her in Russian, the word she called Shane popping into the sentence. The three gave her an odd look in silence before Shane spoke up, "Let's go do our sweep."

Rick nodded, walking off, Shane following him.

Dale was quick to trail after them, Taylor walking along too, making sure she didn't stay too close but not too far so that she couldn't hear them.

"Tell you what, man, these people, man, they're not convinced. You know?" Taylor heard Shane ask Rick, the man going on, "You head to the C.D.C, you might be on your own. You gotta reply consider whether you want to put Lori, Carl, hell even Taylor in that kind of spot."

Taylor's grip on her gun tightened ever so slightly as he said her name.

"I got to do what's best for my family." Rick told him.

"Best for you family? What's that? Exposing them to all kinds of risks?" Shane demanded.

"As opposed to what? Crossing 100 miles of hostile territory? If we're looking for a lifeline, I say swim towards the closest ship, not further out to sea." Rick told Shane before asking, "Why can't you back me up?"