sixteen.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

oxvi. a girl on a horse takes lori away
( season two ; episode two )

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

WALKING ONWARD THROUGH the woods, Taylor noticed Lori stop waking, making the group turn back to her.

"You still worrying about it?" Andrea asked the woman.

"It was a gunshot." Lori spoke up.

"We all heard it." Daryl told her.

"Why one? Why just one gunshot?" Lori questioned.

Daryl shrugged, "Maybe they took down a Walker."

"Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one Walker. Or Shane. They would've done it quietly." Lori snapped.

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol questioned.

"There's nothing we can do about it anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes." Daryl told them.

"So what do we do?" Lori asked the man.

"Same as we've been. Beat the bush for Sophia-" He was cut off by Taylor, "Work our way back to the highway." Taylor sent the man a nod, him returning it with a small smile. Taylor grinned just a bit.

Andrea was the first to speak, "I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV."

Lori nodded, sending one look over her shoulder before following after them.

Andrea then spoke to Carol, the two not having started to walk yet, Taylor couldn't hear, she was to far away to hear them. Daryl walked over to them after a few words were spoken between the two women, Taylor standing off to the side behind him. "I'll tell you what it's worth- Not a damn thing. It's a waste of time all this hoping and praying." He then went on, "'Cause were gonna locate that little girl, she's gonna be just fine." He then questioned, retort, "Am I the only one zen around here?" Taylor let out a small laugh as Daryl let out, "Good Lord." And with that they were off again.

"WE'LL LOSE LIGHT before too long. I think we should call it." Daryl spoke up after a while of walking. Taylor nodded in agreement.