ten.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TEN

ox. leaving behind jim
( season one ; episode five )

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

WALKING OVER TO the others, Taylor immediately walking over to Daryl.

Shane spoke up, "I've been, uh- I've been thinking about Ricks plan. Now look, there are no- There are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that." He paused, looking at Rick, "I've known this man a long time." There was a silence before Shane spoke again, "I trust his instincts." He paused once more, Lori looking shocked at his comment, "I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together."

Everyone looked down, thinking it over, Taylor thought it could be a good idea, but they couldn't force anyone to leave or stay.

"So those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning." Lori turned to Rick at Shane's words, him just looking to Shane as the man asked, "Okay?"

Taylor watched as everyone nodded, going over their options. She just hoped it wouldn't be a mistake in following him.

"EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!" Shane called the next morning, Taylor idly smoking a cigarette, standing besides Daryl.

"Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay?" He didn't wait for them to finish, "Now you got a problem and don't have a C.B, can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan." Shane then added, "Any questions?"

Morales spoke up, "Were, uh... we're - we're not going." His wife added in, "We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people."

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane told them making the redhead scoff.

"The obviously know that. If they want to go and leave, let them. They can take care of themselves." She then grumbled, "Certainly don't need you to watch over them."

Morales nodded, "We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family."

"You sure?" Rick asked.

"We talked about it. We're sure."

"All right." Rick nodded, he motioned to Shane, and went to grab a gun or two.