twenty-seven.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

oxxvii. reunions
( season two ; episode thirteen )

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

IT WAS LIGHT now, the four back at the highway. Taylor was hoping the others - if they were still alive - would've made it back.

"Where's Mom?" Carl demanded to his aunt and dad, "You said she'd be here. W- We gotta go back for her."

"Carl-" Rick was cut off.

"No. Why are we running? What are you doing? It's- Its Mom. We need to get her and not be safe a mile away!"

"Shh. You need to be quiet, all right?" Rick questioned in a hushed tone, "Please." Carl was silent before his eyes got watery as he spoke softly, "Please... It's Mom."

Rick glanced to Taylor, before he bent down toward his son, "Look, Carl, listen-"

"No." Carl stated before running off and leaning against a car not to far away.

"Rick." Hershel called, stopping the man from walking. "You've got to get your boy to safety. I'll wait for my girls and the others." Hershel said, Taylor adding, "I'll stay too."

"I know a few places." Hershel went on, "Well meet up at one of them later."

"Where?" Rick demanded, "Where is safe?" Hershel didn't say anything. "We're not splitting up." Rick stated.

"Please, keep your boy safe. Taylor and I'll hide in two of the cars. If a Walker gets me, so be it. I've lost my farm. I've lost my wife. And maybe my daughters." Hershel said.

"You don't know that." Rick retorted, "They'll be here."

"And you don't know that." Hershel retorted right back.

"You're a man of God. Have some faith." Rick hissed.

"I can profess to understand Gods plan, but Christ promised the resurrection of the dead." Hershel paused, "I just thought he had something a little different in mind." Rick was silent as Taylor glanced in between the two. "We stick together." Rick finally spoke, before walking off towards his son.

Taylor sighed as she grabbed her slightly crumpled pack of cigarettes from her jacket. She scoffed slightly as she lit one, putting it in between her teeth and taking a drag. She blew out smoke, "Some. Fucking. Plan." She mumbled.