The Beauty of A Murder - Chapter 3

I flew to Reimu's shrine, demanding answers.

I knocked on the door as hard as I could.

"Reimu Hakurei! Explain yourself!" I shouted.

She opened the door a few seconds later, and with an annoyed grunting, she asked "What is it!? Haven't I told you, I left her after I beat her up!?"

"Oh, then explain how in Gensokyo can your blood covered knife is at the crime scene!?"

"That knife... I lost it the day of the murder, but I never used it for a living being! I used those to harvest herbs for my cold medication!"

"How can I believe you if you clearly admitted that the weapon is yours!?" I continued to press her with questions.

"T... That's..." It was then when she widened her eyes.

"What is it?"

"There's hair on the handle. You didn't check it thoroughly! You only came here after reading my name etched onto it!"

"Hmm?" I looked at the knife again, and gasped.

There is indeed, a little amount of hair inside the cracks in the handle.

"But they're blonde, and Marisa's blonde!"

"Compare it to her hair then! There are other blondes with richer yellow hair color!"

She then literally kicked me out of the shrine, and locked the door behind me.

"Sheesh... I guess I need to be more cautious when inspecting clues."

I flew back to the Mansion, to see Flandre sadly playing tea party, with Marisa's corpse.

"Flan... Excuse me, but I need to see something."

She didn't answer.

I pulled out the knife from my satchel and compared the hair colors. Indeed, the hair on the knife hilt has much richer yellow color than Marisa's.

"Finally, I got enough clues. But now I need to ask Flan.... Hey, Flan. When's the last time you saw Marisa?"

"3 days ago, the day of the murder."

I noted all of it, and I reviewed the entire case file I wrote.

The culprit apparently is good at sewing, had blonde hair, and got a cold...

Also, I compared all the suspects' statements.

Alice: I said goodbye to Marisa the day before Aya found the corpse in the display case

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Alice: I said goodbye to Marisa the day before Aya found the corpse in the display case

Reimu: I last saw her 2 days before the day Aya found the corpse, which is when I beat her up and left her

Flandre: I last saw her 2 days before the day Aya found the corpse, which is when I played with her, and she borrowed my toy.

Alice is the culprit. It all led to her.

I went to her house with Sakuya behind me to confront her.

Once we arrived, Sakuya knocked on the door and Alice answered.

"Alice Margatroid, you are under arrest for the murder of Marisa Kirisame." Sakuya announced sternly.

"What? You must have mistaken. I would never..."

"We found your cold medicine."

"That could be anybody's, who had came here before Aya." Alice glances to the side.

"We found your hair on the murder weapon!" I shouted.

"....." Alice was speechless.

"You can't run away from this, Miss Margatroid. We know that you are the only person capable of expertly sewing things up like that." Sakuya pulled out a pair of handcuffs.

- Later, at Eiki's Courtroom...

"Please, Your Honor... I'm begging you, I didn't do anything." Alice begged for her freedom.

"I'd hate to say this but the evidence from that Crow Tengu's investigation led to you. You know I'm always serious in judging, right!?" Eiki asked.

Alice stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Aha...." A faint laughter is heard.

"Ah... Haha...." It became even more clearer.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!!!!!!!" It then became a burst of maniacal laughter. Alice had lost it.

"You... All of you are taking her away from me! She can only see and talk to me only! ME! That stupid shrine maiden had gone too far!" Alice's eyes are as wide as dinner plates, and she spoke out those words erratically.

"But why do you have to kill Marisa? You could've help her recover using medical methods--"

"NO! She's mine... She's the perfect doll that I've been dreaming of, and loved... And lusted of... She's mine! Mineminemineminemineminemine!"

Eiki then strikes her gavel on the podium, extremely hard that the gavel in question nearly broke.

"Order, order! Alice Margatroid, due to your conviction of murder and insane nature, this court hereby sentences you to be exiled to Makai for good!"

She used her rod of remorse, to write down her sin, which is so heavy that Eiki herself nearly dropped it.

This could mean one thing, Eiki can hit her with the heavy rod as many times as she could.

- Later, after the court is adjourned...

I still can't believe it. Alice killed Marisa because she loved her? Talk about an obsessive love which had gone too far...

"Aya-San! Congratulations on your successful investigation! ... It's sad though, killed by her lover."

"Alice was already too far gone as of now. She is exiled to Makai for good as a result."

"But then, what will happen to her house in the Forest of Magic?"

"Who knows? Anyway, since the case is over, let's write the newspaper together!"

"Alrighty, Aya-San!"

--------
Later on, The residents of the human village are reading the Bunbunmaru newspapers, and are focused on the headlines.

----------------

Dollmaker Murders Lover due to an unhealthy Obsession

Marisa Kirisame, also known as the 'Ordinary Magician' was murdered by her lover, Alice Margatroid.

Marisa is known to be a rebellious individual, and a kleptomaniac, that she became disliked by most of the other individuals in Gensokyo. Her fate was sealed after stealing donation money from the Hakurei Shrine, causing the shrine's Miko to beat her up until she went unconscious.

Later on, Alice would use the opportunity to cut the victim open, and turn her into a stuffed mannequin for her to display back home.

During the investigation, there are 3 suspects which is Alice herself, Reimu Hakurei (The Miko of the Hakurei Shrine), and Flandre Scarlet (The Victim's friend).

Alice's statement led to her arrest, as she stated that she said goodbye to the victim the day before the corpse is found inside the case, whereas both Reimu and Flandre stated that They last saw Marisa 2 days before.

It is also revealed that Alice had an unhealthy obsession of wanting to create a 'perfect doll', which is one made from the body of her most beloved individual, which is Marisa; so that she won't feel lonely ever again.

---------

- Case 1 End