The Darkest Hour - Chapter 1

I managed to inform Yukari and Reimu about the incoming threat. They went towards the outskirts of the human village holding torches, and encountered Rumia, with a dozen of her black eyed slaves.

I decided to just witness the battle that is about to commence with Momiji.

"Rumia! You have gone too far to commit this atrocity!" Reimu shouted.

"Is that so~? Anyway, that's a rude way to greet me, Armpit Miko."

"You shut your mouth!"

"Patience, Reimu. They feed off from negative emotions as well." Yukari covered Reimu's mouth with her fan.

"So, you noticed it? I'm surprised Heavy sleeper like you, Yukari, can notice it."

"My... Don't test my patience..."

Yukari then made a sudden attack by opening a portal near one of the children. A bottle of acid was thrown out from it, and shattered on the child's arms. However the acid didn't even hurt him.

Rumia just smiled smugly, and said "Sonanoka~ Is that all you got?"

"So even corrosives can't damage them..."

"But let them taste this!" Reimu shouted, charging up a Yin-Yang circle shaped danmaku and shot it at Rumia's army. "I'll purify you!"

But then, there is no damage done to them. Rumia just yawned.

"What...? Even a large danmaku can't do the trick?"

"Now it's our turn to play." Rumia said plainly.

The children casted their arms forward, and a surge of dark energy were shot from them, which hits both the Hakurei Miko and the Boundary-Bending Youkai. It all happened to fast, even Yukari wasn't able to dodge.

After the surge dissipates, Both of them were then seen lying on the ground, motionless. Rumia and her army then left as she laughed in the darkness.

"Ayayaya! They are indeed unstoppable with all this darkness, even Yukari can't deal with them!"

"We need to check them out."

Me and Momiji then walked toward the bodies, they are still breathing which means it's a good thing.

"They are heading to the village. Momiji, can you carry both of them to the Hakurei Shrine? It's probably safe there."

Momiji nodded, and carried both of them before sprinting off.

I flew to the village center, where I witnessed a gruesome scene. The village is on fire, maybe due to the chaos caused by the humans who decided to stay and fight Rumia.

It's foolish, but still brave.

But that's not the only thing that shocked me. In the middle of the square I see...

 In the middle of the square I see