Full Moon Murder - Chapter 1

Apparently, the vanishing of the children only occured at midnight. I couldn't sleep for days thinking about that. What's more, tonight's the full moon.

My eyes are bloodshot from exhaustion, and I am struggling to prevent myself from sleeping... I need to find a clue as to who is the 'R' in that letter!

It was then when I heard screaming, coming from Misty Lake below. I stumbled from my chair and fell to the floor. I need... To know what happened....

But then I dozed off.

When I woke up, I realized that I slept for only an hour... There's still time to look for clues, even though the event ended.

I flew down to the lake, and scoured around to find Cirno, but the night mists obscured my line of sight.

"Cirno-Chan...? Is that you?"

"Hmm? Oh, Aya! Look wat Eye Found!" She turned around and I nearly passed out again as I see...

Cirno was just there, standing innocently, with an arm in hand.

"Cirno... Let me get this straight... Where did you find that!?"

"Oh, tis'? Eye found it floating around the lake, why?"

"When?"

"Just now... Whose arm is this anyway?"

"I don't know. But can you give that to me for a bit? And don't go too far away from the lake. I probably need to talk to you again later."

She looked confused after my long talk. I sighed, and took the arm before investigating the lake's shore.

There are faint, bare footprints on the Riverside, which were probably from an hour ago, which is the time of the murder. I noted this, the culprit must be barefooted.

Cirno herself is barefooted and I added that to my note.

I followed the footprints which leads me to the Youkai Forest. It's dark, so I had to light up my lantern, only to find...

 It's dark, so I had to light up my lantern, only to find

A body, missing it's arms, legs and head. The body is wearing a white shirt with a dark colored tie, and there are signs of it being ripped. I should bring this to Patchouli, if she was still awake, that is.

I headed over to the Mansion, to see Meiling sleeping in front of the gate.

"Meiling... Wake up!"

"Aya, you again? What's u... Did you do that?" Her eyes widened at the sight of the body and arm I'm carrying.

"Is Patchouli still awake?"

"Yes. She's with Koakuma inside."

I went in, and walked towards the library, where Patchouli is seen reading while Koakuma is pestering around.

"Ah, you again. Another body needed an autopsy?" Patchouli noticed me, and motioned her index finger to signal me to get in.

After a few minutes, of me sleeping while Patchouli autopsied the body... She woke me up.

"Wake up, slowpoke. Here's your results."

I yawned. "What is it? Whose corpse and arm is that?"

"It's Reisen's corpse. You know, the one with the rabbit ears?"

"Yeah, I knew her. What is she doing so far away from the Bamboo Forest?"

"Beats me. Anyway, I found parts of her body being chomped and eaten up, directly."

"So you mean that Reisen got eaten?"

"Yes. And it can only mean one thing, the culprit has a sharp fang or more."

"Then, what about the arm?"

"It seems that the culprit also made a run for it which made them forget the severed arm. However, they left their brownish hair on the arm. It's a miracle the lake didn't wash them off."

"So the culprit had a fang, and brownish hair? I'll keep looking then."

I sighed, at least Cirno's not the culprit since she had blue hair.

But then, I still need to tell Tewi that Reisen is already gone.

This is going to be hard for her...

- To Be Continued