𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦

Chapter 6:
𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

TONY HUFFED FOR WHAT seemed to be the tenth time within the past hour. It was killing him on the inside for not figuring this out. 

''What seems to be the problem, sir?" Friday's voice echoed out in the air of the lab. Tony huffed once again as he placed his head in his hands. ''I can't find this person!'' he exclaimed, frustratedly. 

Friday went silent as if she was thinking about what she was going to say next. ''If I may,'' she started,'' ''you are Tony Stark. You would not fail Mr. Parker if your life depended on it,'' the AI concluded. 

Tony sighed. Friday was right. There was no way he could live with the fact that he had let his- that kid down. It would be too much on his consciousness. 

''Thank you, Fri,'' Tony said, cracking his fingers as a lightbulb in his head went off. 

''I think I have an idea.''

Peter sat in the main lounge's kitchen, eating one of Thor's Poptarts (not that he knew that it was his) while he scrolled through his Stark phone, looking at the memes that Shuri had sent him. 

''What are you doing?" a voice sounded from behind the teen, causing Peter to screech loudly like a little girl. He turned around in his seat, eyes landing on a familiar redhead. 

''M-Ms. Romanoff! I didn't hear you come in,'' Peter stuttered. Natasha ruffled the kid's hair with a smile on her face. ''That's why I'm called a spy, kiddo,'' Natasha teased. 

Peter smiled, but then saw that Natasha's playful demeanor seemed to fade away, leaning more into her instinctively cold and intimidating demeanor. 

''Do you know what's wrong with Tony?" she asked. ''He's been held up in his lab. Not regular Tony, no, a different Tony.''

Peter knew what she meant. It was normal for Tony to be held in his room for days, sometimes even weeks, but when he didn't let Bruce or himself in, it was usually something bad. 

''Uh...'' Petr let out, looking down at his hands, ashamed. Natasha's feature's softened, not wanting to intimidate the Baby Avenger anymore. 

''So, uh, someone found out that I'm Spider-Man and Mr. Stark can't seem to find out who it is,'' Peter admitted, holding his head down. 

Natasha put one of her hands on his shoulder, putting her hand on his chin so he would look up at her in the eye. ''It's okay, kid. We all mistakes,'' she assured the teen. 

For the first time in two days, Tony walked down the hallway, a determined look set on his face. 

''Hey, kid!'' Tony announced. Natasha went to leave to the room, do it silently, but before she could make it to the elevator, her name was called by the billionaire. 

Natasha raised an eyebrow as she turned around. Tony smirked. 

''Red, I need your help.''

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃