𝘣𝘰𝘣 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴

Chapter 40:
𝘣𝘰𝘣 𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

''Oh dear. Is she dead?"

(Y/N) shot up from the chair she was sitting in, groaning when she stretched. Her bones cracking echoed around the white room. 

''No, she's alive,'' Amy said, smiling at (Y/N) softly from across the room. Tiny scars littered her arms and hands, but other than that, she was fine. 

(Y/N) eyed the man who was on the hospital bed. He looked worse than Amy. Bruises were hidden by bandaged that covered his torso to her knowledge. Including that, he had a scar running down the side of his face now. 

''What the hell did the two of you get into?" she asked. ''Did you decide to go fight a group of semi-decent serial killers?" the teen said, passing the man a glass of water. 

He let out a chuckle. ''Nice to meet you too, I guess. I'm Alec,'' he introduced himself, thanking her quietly when he grabbed the water. 

''We got mugged, you could say,'' Alec said, though when (Y/N) looked into his eyes, she could tell that he was lying. She would have to look into where they worked later. 

''How have you been this whole time. Aren't you bored?" Amy asked, noticing that (Y/N) wasn't really on her phone and she hadn't left the hospital for a while. 

(Y/N) shrugged her shoulders. ''I left my charger back at the house so I've just been consuming sleeping pills to pass the time,'' she said nonchalantly. She got concerned looks from both of them. 

''Can't that kill you?'' Alec asked her. (Y/N) smiled at him. ''Not if you're depressed. Nothing seems to kill you at this point.''

(Y/N) stood up from the chair, grabbing her wallet (that had like 5 dollars and 2 strips of gum) and her phone. Even though it was dead, people out here are different. 

''Do you guys want anything from the cafeteria?" she asked before she walked out of the room. Alec and Amy seemed to gag. ''Are you seriously going to get cafeteria food?'' he asked. 

(Y/N) shook her head. ''I'm not a dumbass. Vending machine for life, bitch.''

"Bitches can't hate me if they don't eat Snickers,'' (Y/N) said to herself as she made her way down to the hall, back to the hospital room. 

''-son. Are you serious?" Amy could be heard saying as (Y/N) waked up to the door. She stilled for a second when she swore she saw someone down the hall turn around and point at her, but ignored it. 

''When you get hurt on a-'' the dialogue in the room stopped as (Y/N) walked in the snicker she was eating almost halfway done.

A man stood on the other side of the beg that Alec was in, arms behind his back as she stood in his navy blue and striped tie. 

''Am I interrupting something?" said asked with a raised eyebrow, taking another bite of her Snicker. ''It feels like I'm interrupting something I don't care about but I should...''

Amy smiled awkwardly. ''This is Phil-'' ''Bob Pants. These two knuckleheads work for me,'' he gestured to Alec and Amy before his hand out for her to take. 

(Y/N) did so, eyeing him suspiciously. ''(M/N) King,'' she said, taking her mother's name instead of her own. Something about him was not all completely true, and it told her instincts that he was hiding something from her. 

''This is my boyfriend's daughter. She'll be staying here with me in New York for the rest of the month,'' Amy said, deciding not to question why the both of them lied. 

(Y/N) walked around ''Bob'', grabbing her backpack and tossing it over her shoulder. ''You guys will be fine, right? I need to go back home and charge my phone,'' she said, emphasizing her point by waving her phone. 

''You have the keys right?" he mother-figure said, getting a nod from the teen. ''See you at home them, kiddo.''

''Nice meeting you two, I guess,'' (Y/N) said to Alec and Bob before walking out of the room, handing tugging down at the grey hoodie she was wearing. 

When they were sure that she was going, Alec coughed awkwardly as Bob tilted his head almost if he was listening to something, humming as he turned back to them with a blank look on his face. ''What?" Amy asked with a confused expression on her face. 

''You didn't tell me you had her this whole time.''

There was something up with that guy, (Y/N) thought as she unlocked the door to the apartment, sighing softly. 

The TV in the living room was still on even though it had been on for days. For the sake of Amy's electricity bill, she turned it off. 

An oof came from her as she plopped down on the bed, missing the comfort that the mattress had provided. At the hospital, she was tempted to push Alec off of it and take it for herself. 

When she connected her phone to the charger, she waited a second before turning it on. Not even a second later, it starting vibrating intensely in her hand, almost making her throw it across the room. 

Her eyes ran through her notifications. As she scanned through the messages, she faintly remember reading one of Tony's messages just before her phone had died.

Haha. I'm in danger. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

i don't know, i just like giving you guys a bit of anxiety. i'm so sorry.

this was kinda rushed. oop–

oh, and i had to include phil coulson at one point so why not now, you know? i love all my all-nighters and my day babies uwu 💙❤

-babybluejeans