𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬

Chapter 75:
𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/N'S HEAD WAS POUNDING AS SHE BEGAN to come back to Earth, a groan spilling past her lips as she did. She looked up at the ceiling, eyes narrowed as the tan paint seemed to be too bright for her eyes to handle.

''Fuck me...'' she groaned, sitting up slowly, though frowning as she check around her surroundings. She hadn't remembered going into a bedroom at all. A huff left her as she swung her legs over the side of the bed.

''How did I... nevermind,'' she mumbled under her breath, then realizing where she was, the feeling of dread forming her stomach. She knew for a fact that they were here now. Her hand reached for the Advil and class of water that sat on the nightstand.

''Friday, can I just stay in my room all day?'' she asked with a sigh, downing both the water and medicine at the same time, wiping a few droplets on her chin.

''I'm afraid not, Ms. L/N,'' the AI said, almost with a bit of remorse for the girl. ''If it makes you feel any better, there is an Iced Americano waiting for you in the kitchen. 

Y/N couldn't help the smile that went on her face at what Friday was trying to do, though she really did hope that there as a coffee waiting for her. ''To take me to the others too, right?'' she sighed, shaking her head as she went to stand up.

"Let's get this over with,'' she grumbled, wiping the side of her face with her hands as memories from last night kept coming to her.

Days like these reminded Peter of the days when they'd go on mission. Whether that be a solo mission or all of them together, they would find themselves sitting in the kitchen, eating breakfast and drinking coffee quietly. 

Though, one thing that was different was how they felt. With mission, there was always fear lingering around in the air that each mission could be their last. Of course, no matter how skilled any of them were, death was inevitable, and it hits you when you'd least expect it.

In this case, Y/N was the mission, and the fear of not knowing what was going to happen next when she walks down that hall and into the kitchen was terrifying in itself. Would she explode, or would she break down?

''Maybe Wanda or Natasha should get her? Or that Jesse from yesterday?" Sam suggested, looking over to Tony and Steve, the two seemingly the ones that were calling the shots around here.

Tony shook his head. ''That'll probably make her hide in the room for even longer. The best we could do it just wait,'' Steve jumped in, the super-soldier running a hand through his messed up hair, the cause being from the eventful day prior.

They all felt bad for what happened that day, but it was something that needed to be done. If the H/C-haired female hated them, they wouldn't be surprised, but that means it wouldn't hurt any less. But knowing that she was safe was all that they were willing to take, and they would do it again if they had to. 

The room was filled with silence once again as something  to say outward became less and less. Wanda had even scanned the room if they were going to speak up, almost a bit astonished when their thoughts said otherwise.

Lucky suddenly shot up, tag wagging furiously back and forth behind him before bark loudly in the direction of the hall. Clint raised an eyebrow as was about to try and stop him, but the sound of footsteps making their way over made him still, looking around the room, and the looks on the other's faces said they heard it too.