𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴

Chapter 44:
𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴

TW: SELF-DEGRADATION

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

EVER SINCE LOKI WAS A KID, which was just a few centuries ago, he was always fascinated with the idea soulmates and the whole topic of it. The idea of having someone that was specifically made for him was always an interesting topic for him. 

In the beginning, he always thought it had to be some sort of Asgardian thing. The thought of it always made his heart well with pride when it was mentioned. His kind were the best in the 9 realms was always something he thought.

But soon, the thought on it only being an Asgardian seemed to dissipate the older he got. It happened when he'd first teleported to another planet (but he never told anyone that). It was vivid, seeing other, older and younger beings grow old with their chosen loved ones. 

When he'd return home that day, he'd automatically went to Frigga. The woman who raised him bever seemed to run low and feeding the boy more knowledge than he'd already had, even at a young age. As always, she'd pull something out of her pocket that he took interest in. 

He and his brother Thor were complete opposites. It didn't take a genius to see that at all. The blonde was energetic and excelled with everything when it came to physical strength. Overly loud it seemed, but still had manners.

Loki was the opposite. A quiet kid of course, but always held wonders being his eyes. Never a dull moment when he was around, a trick or two he'd always managed to conjure up whether it be turn into a snake and stab his brother or turn him into a frog. Elegant and very well mannered, but had his different streaks. 

When he'd arrived in the library where he'd usually find the queen, it seemed that she'd already known what he was about to ask, though she always knew everything. She'd already had a book labeled Soulmates when he'd appeared in front of her. 

''Can you tell me about soulmates?'' he said quickly. The younger version couldn't have been less than 11 years old in human years.

''Haven't I already gone over this with you?" Frigga told him, trying to restrict the smile that wanted to appear on the Asgardian queen's face. The young sorcerer pouted. 

''Not enough,'' he told her, taking a seat next to his mother. ''I need to know more,'' he practically begged. 

Frigga sighed, but a smile managed to play on her face. "It's a wonderful feeling, I tell you. It feels like your floating,'' she sighed once more. ''How about I tell you about you and your father, hmm? I was about 1,500 years old when I met your father. Of course, I wasn't attracted to him just from that one meeting alone,'' she said, laughing at the memory.

''Your father was much, much different back then from how he is now. Imagine.. an older version of Thor, hmm?" she proposed, getting a small laugh to come from the young god of mischief. 

''Always war hungry?" he proposed, getting a nod and ever brighter smile from Frigga. 

''It was hard at first. To calm and ease that huge ego he had. I did fall for that part of him. Despite it, he was moved by passionate reasons. When we first glowed, I thought it was more amazing than anyone had ever described,'' she told the raven-haired boy. 

Intrigued, but confused Loki tilted his head. ''What part of you both glowed?'' he asked. The queen's eyes were in a different place as if she were reliving the moment at that exact time.