𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

Chapter 56:
𝘱𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

''WAIT, DOES THAT SAY CTHULU?" Tony asked with a copy of (Y/N)'s file in his hands. ''It makes more sense if we're talking about (Y/N), to be honest,'' he mumbled under his breath. 

Steve shot the billionaire a glare. ''A little respect is all I ask for, Tony. Just a little,'' he sighed. 

They were in the same shawarma join they were first in after the Battle of New York, a slightly larger table full of food and accompanied by papers. 

''I told you she was pretty,'' Harley said, biting into his food as he scrolled through his phone. ''But why am I here anyway?" he asked. Peter shrugged his shoulders. ''I have no idea. You're not that relevant to the story,'' he said. 

Que a fork being thrown at the brunet boy. ''Shut up! The author will find a way to do so! It'll probably be an angst chapter or something,'' Harley remarked. 

Ignoring them, Natasha eyed the file in her hands with her girlfriend Wanda gazing over her shoulder. Both of their eyes seemed to widen as they read over 'RELATIONS'.

''She had a kid?!'' they said, successfully making Harley choke on his food and Peter, Thor, and Loki look up strangely in sync.

Que daddy material

Just shut up, Blue. Seriously. 

Clint winced slightly, already knowing enough about Kai. He so badly wanted to had to the both of them, but he'd known that it wasn't his place to do so. 

On the other hand, the three Avengers caught each other's eyes, a familiar glint in all of them. Somehow, out of the single glance alone, they understood everything and shared a nod. 

It was obvious there were different things running through all of their heads. For one, Harley and Sam were clearly going off (and on the edge of gushing) off their ramblings about Kai.

Steve and Wanda were clearly taking note of the accident she was in as a kid. It was a shame she had to lose someone that way. 

Clint, Bucky, Natasha, and Tony were getting suspicious of Justin. Their thoughts flashed back to the conversation they had a few weeks ago, Tony's mainly to the conversation he had with (Y/N) back at that party went to. 

Loki, Thor, and Peter, on the other hand, were somehow telepathically plotting out how to torture and kill the man and make it look like an accident in the process.

What? They had priorities. 

''Hey, Natasha,'' Clint said, causing for the redhead with blonde at the end of her hair to look up at her best friend, ''isn't Amy Colt on the same clearance level as you?" he asked. 

Natasha hummed. The one who died her blonde tips that pastel color,'' she questioned, getting a nod from the archer. ''And why?" she queried, but already knew the answer. 

''Let's pay her a visit.''

(Y/N) didn't want to get out of the bed. Not just yet. She wasn't truly awake, but truly asleep either. In the middle of both worlds that were battling it out. 

Somehow even with a massive hangover, she'd managed to drag herself over to the Parker household, still not comfortable with staying home alone. On the way, she surprisingly didn't black out randomly or collapse from the headache she had on her way.

From the way May had greeted her as she walked inside, Peter wasn't home which sort of bummed her out even more. She'd wanted to do some experiments with him maybe, or swing around the streets of New York to pass the time. 

Instead, she baked some of her homemade pecan pie with May out of boredom, then going into the younger Parker's room to take a nap. 

Of course, she didn't like the idea of sleeping inside of someone's bedroom without them knowing but learned the hard way that the couch is a place where you could be at your weakest point while asleep if you weren't careful enough. 

And that's what led to her to where she was now. Eyes glazed over, phone in her hand as she ignored the messages from certain people she knew at the time she didn't want to get back to. It felt like a good day to stay in with the rain hitting against the window, slowly trying to lull her back to sleep. 

But unfortunately, she had to get up. She'd promise Amy that she'd actually go back to the apartment for dinner and maybe Axel would be there for tonight. 

Maybe she regretted it a bit. A groan left her lips as she sat up, pulling down the sleeves of her dark red sweater over her hand as she grabbed her bag, dragging herself out of the small, but comfortable room.

''I'll be on my way, Aunt May,'' she said to the brunette who went over to give her a hug. 

(Y/N) liked her hugs. They were similar to Amy's yet completely different at the same time. While Amy's hugs gave her a sense of security while she was near Justin (and now Rami) and made her somewhat comfortable to be around. With May, it seemed like it could be like that forever.

May reminded her of her mother.

''Get home safe, kiddo,'' she said, separating herself away from the teen, but nonetheless still shooting her a smile. 

''I will,'' (Y/N) assured, making her way out of the apartment and closing the door to it gently behind her. She didn't want to leave. No, she wanted to go back and just go to sleep and deal with life there. Life here. 

If it was like this now, how would it feel like if she went back to Louisiana? What about the cafe and the others. It wasn't — wouldn't be the same when she's this close. Sighing, her feet carried her onto the streets and back to Amy's.

Who's black Corvette was in front of the apartment complex, by the way? 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

okay, irrelevant, but have you ever seen loki in furs?

like holy damn. but i hope you guys enjoyed 💙

-babybluejeans