Chapter 3

[Adrien]

I was amusing trying to get half a park not going to intervene in Ladybug'splan, when a scream made me realize that my lady was in trouble.

—¡My lady!— I get away from a akumatized boy with my stick and I go to look for Ladybug.

She starts screaming more, which makes me worry twice as much. I get as close as I can; I give Firemaker a stick to the head, causing her to fall to the ground and leave Ladybug, who has not let goof his belt at any time.

—Ladybug? Are you fine?— I support her head in my leg. She get up with difficulty.

—Let's finish fast...

I do a cataclysm over the Firemaker belt and the akuma comes out. Ladybug frees the butterfly and throws her luckycharm into the sky, as she always does.

—Miraculous...Ladybug!— falls to the ground.

—My lady!— I catch her in my arms.

I take Ladybug to any roof, where I can't be seen untransformed. Her earrings start beeping, letting me know she had little left to detransform.

—Plagg, claws out.— my kwami comes out, complaining.

—Why the akumatized are more and more agressive?

I don't answer, I look at Ladybug, not knowing very well what to do.

—Plagg...do you think I should... you know, look at her? I should take her to the hospital, she's hurt.

—Close your eyes, I'll help you.

I look at him, hesitating.

—It's okay.

I close my eyes, the minute, I hear Ladybug's kwami.

—Hello, sugar cube. Are you ok?

—It's done some damage to me, but now the important one is Ladybug... Chat Noir?

—Yes, tell me.

—Could you see Ladybug's side?

—I don't want to know her identity, she would be upset...

—It will be just a moment, I will be in front of you all the time so you look at the minimum.

Deep breath and seat to prepare and open my eyes. Finally, I open them and see Tikki and Plagg.

—I'm going to look down, go carefully.

That's what I do. I carefully lower my head and look to the side of the girl. I raise her sweater a little bit to finally see her skin. He's got a burnt side.

—My lady... is this possible? The luckycharm was supposed to be back to normal...

—It seems hawkmoth is getting stronger and stronger, I'll consult the book of wonders later...— Tikki reports.

—I'm going to take her to the hospital right now.

—But Adrien, if you leave her everyone will know it's Ladybug; the battle will be on the news as usual.— Says Tikki, worried.

—I think I have an idea. Plagg, claws out!— I close my eyes again.

I turn into Chat to take Ladybug to the hospital, but first I'd have to stop by Marinette's house to get me a mask as quickly as possible. I take my friend in my arms.

—Come on, Tikki. I need you to guide me.— I take my cane to go faster.

Tikki guides me for beeing as fast as possible, but whit careful, so I don't need to open my eyes. I reach Marinette's house and go inside by the rooftop. Again, with the kwami's help, I leave Ladybug lying down and covered with a blanket.

—Marinette?— I search in her room, but she isn't here. —Hope nothing bad has passed to her...

—I'm sure she was with her friends, quiet.— says Tikki, trying to reassure me.

—Yes... Well, I'm going to get something around here that can help us.

The kwami and I searched the room. I open the closet and I see a half-open box. In it are superhero stuffed animals, a Ladybug mask, another one of Chat Noir and something wrapped. I take Ladybug's mask and give it to Tikki to put to the above.

—Let's go, there's no time.

I take Ladybug back in my arms, but this time, with the blanket. We got to the hospital soon and we're taken care of right away. I see how they take Ladybug, while I have Tikki in my pocket.

—Can I see her?— I try to break throught the people, but the don't allow me.

—She will be attended urgently and until tomorrow she will not be able to receive visitors, sorry, Chat Noir.

I look sadly at the doctor and leave the hospital. I detransform into a corner, unseen and decide to call all my friends. I start with Mari, but he doesn't. Then I'll call Alya.

—Hello, Alya? Are you all right?

—Yes, we have seen that they have attacked the park, are you all right?

—I'm fine, is Marinette not with you?— I'm starting to worry even more.

—He hasn't called us.

—It's ok... I'll call you in a little while.

I'm calling Marinette again, but there's still no signs of life. I put my hands to my head and pull some of my hair. It's starting to rain, I'm going to stay off the same. I circle around the hospital door, kicking a stone. I'm thinking about where she might be, if she'd be okay or if I should have accompanied her home. In the end, it looks like the fault would be mine in case something bad had happened to him. I also think of Ladybug... my lady. How could I let this happen? I feel guilty; guilty and sad, for having done nothing right. I punch hard the wall. I hurt my hand, but I don't care. The rain seems to get stronger, but I don't care either.

I'm called by Marinette's mother, I decide to answer, so I won't worry her.

—Hello, Mrs. Cheng.

—Hello, son. Is Mari with you? He won't take my calls and I was supposed she would be with you, but it's a little late.

At first, I don't answer.

—Y... yes, she's with me. Chances are we'll be too late, we're with Nino and Alya. Go to sleep, don't worry.— I try to sound convincing.

—All right, thanks Adrien.

Hang up. I can't help but feel worse: I had lied to my best friend's mother, almost considered a mother to me. But I couldn't tell her the truth: that I didn't know where her daughter was and that something bad probably would have happened to her. Tikki and Plagg are sticking over my jacket:

—Boy, don't be like that.— try to convince me Plagg.

—Why don't you go home and rest?

I deny with my head.

—I'm going to stay with Ladybug and try to locate Mari.

—But they said that she can not receive visitors.

I look at the kwami and smile. I decide to wait until it gets dark a little longer, so there's almost nobody left. I turn into Chat Noir to enter through my lady's bedroom window. When I finally find the window, I walk in carefully and sit on the sofa (really not very comfortable) next to her bed. I stroke her cheek and watch her sleep.

—It looks like she's better...— whisper.

Tikki goes out of my pocket and lays beside ladybug's head.

—Plagg, claws out.— I detransform.

I'm soaked, I'd been in the rain for many hours and chances are I'd catch a cold the next day, but right now I don't care too much.

I look at the girl, she's beautiful, she always was. I stare at his face, he's still with the mask, at my request. I can't wait to take it off, but Tikki won't stop denying it to me. In the end, the kwami falls asleep, so I decide to sleep for a while, until all the doctors or my father calles me, whichever was earlier. Before I fall asleep, I kiss my friend's cheek and leave a message to Marinette: <<I hope you're okay, really. Remember that I love you very much and I would hate to lose you... I hope you're okay>>.