Chapter 6

[Adrien]

I'm just staring at my friend for a while. I can't believe my best friend is the girl I've been in love with for so long. I caress her cheek, looking at her, grayed out. Have you always had such shiny hair? Had she always had such kissable lips and cheeks so soft? Yes, she'd always been so pretty, but she was too blind to see it. I was so in love with Ladybug,I didn't realize I was in love with Mari, my best friend, of, ironically, Ladybug. I can't just say, "I know who you are and I'm even more in love with you."

—My lady...— I put the mask carefully and it moves a little.
He wakes up little by little.
—Chat? You are already here?— she incorporate at bed.
I smile at her.
—Yes, but quiet, you can rest. I'll stay and take care of you.
—That's very sweet of you.— he smiles at me. —But don't you have things to do?
I deny with my head.
—There's nothing better than being here taking care of you.
She sighs slightly, but then she looks at me and smiles.
—Can you get closer?

I sit down and sit next to her, in bed. She looks me in the eye for a moment and blushes me. How could I not have noticed her look? She's my princess... She hugs me tight, all of a sudden. I'm all right with her. Suddenly, I have a huge desire to kiss her, but, after all, she is not in love with me; at least not Chat Noir. She separates from the hug.

—I need to ask you a favor.
—Sure, tell me.
—You have to take my miraculous and give it to someone.
—What?
—I've been told I have to be here for a week. Paris can't go without Ladybug for a week, what would happen to the akumas? And...— I interrupt her.
—Ladybug.— I take his hands and raise them to my lips. —I will do as you tell me, be calm. I'll have everything under control.
She smiles at me.
—Thank you very much, Chat. You're always there when I need you.

I look at her tenderly. Damn, why would she be so pretty? I put a lock of hair behind his ear. I place a hand on her cheek and get closer to her. I caress her and close my eyes. I'm so close to her that I can feel her breathing accelerated and her lips soft. She looks away.

—I... I'll give you the miraculous.

Tikki shows up and says goodbye to Mari. She takes off her earrings and gives them to me.

—Find someone who is worth it, follow your heart. I know you're going to make it.
Smile.
—Thank you for trusting me. In fact, I think I already have the perfect candidate.
—Really?
Seat.
—If you give me a moment...— she nods. I'm going to the bathroom in the room to detransform myself and make a call:
—Adrien?
—Hello, Alya. You won't believe it.
—Tell me.
—Ladybug called me and told me to give you her miraculous.
—Are you kidding me?
—No, no. Apparently she need someone to replace her this week and can't locate Chat Noir. So, we meet whenever you want and I'll give them to you. I'd like to have a miraculous.
—I just...I don't believe it! I'll see you later.
Hang. I transform again and get out of the bathroom.
—Ready, then I'll give it to you.
—Thank you very much, Chat.— smile.
—Well, I'd better give them to you, then I'll see you, my lady.

[Marinette]

Chat Noir enters the bathroom to make a call. I'm going to feel something lonely without Tikki this week, but it's necessary. I'm thinking about the scene a moment ago. Did he really almost kiss me? Well, it wouldn't be the first time he's tried to kiss me or we kissed, although they've always been because of cases of akumas... Chat Noir has been able to date thousands of girls and has not: he has remained in love with me for so many years, even though he tried to stop being. I think the only reason I haven't noticed Chat in "that way" is because I'm very much in love with Adrien, but, I would have agreed to go out with him for a long time, I think. And, Adrien... he only dated Kagami for a short time and hasn't dated anyone else anymore. I don't know what he's waiting for. I'm waiting for him, but he...what? We look like two idiots. Well, three, counting Chat Noir. I think I'll tell Adrien how I feel, taking advantage of the way I won't see him for a week... I have to think about it.

In the end, he gets out of the bathroom, we have a little conversation and he leaves. Shortly after he leaves, Adrien calls me. Perfect, just what I needed right now...

—Hello?
—Hello, Mari. How are you? You told me we had to talk. I wanted to tell you something, too.
—You can start, if you prefer...— I try to stay calm.

Now I don't have Tikki to calm down or tell me what to do, if I, I wouldn't have asecond chance.

—It's okay. I wanted to ask you if this afternoon you can do the pending photo shoot.
Shit. I forgot.
—I don't think so... I am sorry. I'm going to be out all week. Yes... I'm on a tour to Toulouse.
—Toulouse?
—Toulouse.— I try to look convincing.
—Wow... You didn't tell me anything.
—It's just that it all came up very quickly. I'll see you next week.
—It's a shame... I'll talk to change the date of the session.
—I'm really sorry.
—Don't worry.— His voice seems sincere and full of affection. —Have a great time and you'll tell me when you get back.
—Also... I wanted to tell you something else.
—Now?
—I don't think I can do it any other time.
—All right, tell me.
—We've been friends for a long time. And I think we're confident enough to tell each other anything...
—I hear you.
—Do you remember when I told you I was in love with a boy a long time ago?
—Sure.
—Well... Em... I've never stopped liking it. And... I'm not sure what to do.
—Oh... I understand. You want some advice?
—I could use it very well.

I hope he realize he's "the guy" I've talked about so much. I'd love to be able to tell him directly, really, if i just didn't have that much trouble...

[Adrien]

Mari just told me she still likes that guy, how am I going to feel? I don't think it's me, I would have said it a long time ago, so I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach.

—A tip... If you've been in love with that boy for so long, why don't you tell him? Maybe he's on you. Anyway, I'm here in case things get swayed, okay?— I try to keep a loving and sweet voice, I don't want her to notice that I'm sad, it would be the last thing I want now: to worry her more.
—It's good advice. Thank you, Adrien. I love you.
Smile.
—And I. I love you very much, Mari.

Hang. I stay with Alya to give her the miraculous of Ladybug. I'm transformed into Chat Noir and I tell her that Adrien's services were not needed in the end. I'll explain a little bit how it works and, without talking much more, I'm leaving. I come to my house, I go into my room through the window.
CATACLISM!— I use it at a magazine which I am the cover page.
I detransform and throw myself on the couch.
—Calm down, boy.
—Plagg... I'm never going to get it. It hasn't worked at all all this time...
A knot starts to form in my chest and I start to see my crystalline eyes.
—I'm sure she loves you...

I'm starting to cry. I don't think I've cried in a long time. It feels strange, it's supposed to be of weak people, according to father, but how is someone strong supposed to face things if they don't cry once in a while? The last few years I've only heard reproach for being "too good" with people, that I let myself be fooled by anyone and that I have to stop being so "weak." I've never been sure of the things my father was telling me, but if being "weak" feels like this, I don't want to be.

—Boy...
I'm not answering. I cover my eyes with my hands, while Biting my lower lip hard.
—Marinette is in love with you!
I look with tears in Plagg'seyes.
—What are you talking about? You heard that conversation...
—She always has been... Adrien. You've always been for each other...— my kwami seems to have been keeping that as if it were the biggest secret of the time.

I take my kwami in my hands. A tear can escape him. I take it off with one finger and look at him sincerely.

—Plagg... I don't get it.
—The kwamis cannot reveal anything about the identities of the bearers, but... Technically, I don't talk to you like you're Chat Noir and Ladybug, just like two adults with the soul of teenagers in love. And anyway you already know his identity although you shouldn't...

I squeeze it against my cheek. I don't think I've ever seen Plagg be so "romantic, " relatively.

—Don't get cheesy now, please.
I separate him and smile at him.
—Thank you.
—Ok, already... Thank me with cheese, a lot of cheese.