Chapter 11

[Marinette]

The battle had been quite hard, Hawkmoth seems to be unable to send people harder and more aggressive. Honestly, I'm getting tired of all this. Ever since Master Fu gave me the miraculous and all that involved, my concerns had been increasingly. But I couldn't give up, if I'd held on for so long, I wouldn't give up now. Not now, not ever.

When we get rid of the akuma and so on, I'm going to say goodbye to Chat as usual, but he gives me a hug.

—I'm glad you're okay.
—I also for you, Chat.— I correspond the hug.
—Well, my lady, I must go. I've got another princess waiting for me.
I'm very surprised to hear those words from my friend.
—Don't tell me that the kitten has hunted a poor bird?— I smile, joking.
—More or less...— throws a kiss at the air. —I hope to see you soon, precious.

I see how the blonde goes. A little void forms in my chest. The little kitten had already found another "lady" after so long? It's strange that someone who's loved you for so long turns out to have what they didn't get with me. But I'm happy for him and me, for us in general: even if he proves otherwise.

—And I...

[Adrien]

I remember Ladybug'swords: "Don't tell me that the kitten has hunted a poor bird?"
—The truth, my lady... I'm more of a ladybug.

After I detransformed, I stay with Mari to ask if she is ok and get on with our day (or what was left of him). I see her going the distance, she's got a drooping face.

—Mari? Do you feel ok?— I get up her chin with carefully.
—Y... Yes. I was just thinking.
—What happens?
—I've been given a bit of strange news and I don't know how to take it, but don't worry.— she smiles.

I give her a hug without saying anything. I don't know what happened to her while she was on my way here, but I'll help her in any way I can.
—Do you need help?— I look her eye to eye.
—I'd be kissed.— he replies by looking at my lips with a certain lust.
I understand her hint (not at all indirect) and I kiss her.

Hours pass as if nothing else, about twelve o'clock I take Mari home.

—Are you going to accompany me all days?— asks with a kidding tone.
—Whenever I can, I will. It doesn't cost me anything.
—But it's too late...— she hugs me by the neck and I correspond to it by the waist.
—I think I'll survive by going home. I can always call Ladybug to fly away.— I'm trying to look funny.
I seem to notice a few little nerves in my girlfriend, so I change the subject.
—When I get there, I'll let you know, okay?
—It's ok...
We're going to kiss, but we're interrupted by the bakery door.
—Hello, Sabine, Tom.— I greet them with my hand.

Marinette seems to turn red like a tomato and immediately separates from me, awkwardly.

—A... Adrien was leaving.
—At these hours?— asks Sabine, with preoccupation.
—No, no. Such a handsome and young man can't walk around at this hour alone. He's going to sleep here.- Tom says this time.
—W...what?! And where is he going to sleep?!
—With you, in your room.
—Seriously?
—You have plenty of room, Marinette. If Adrien likes it.— Sabine seems to end the "discussion."
—For me great, but I wouldn't want to bother Marinette.
—Not at all!— replies her father. —Come on, son, the two come in, it's getting colder.

[Marinette]

Adrien and I went into my room, after hearing my parents' good night and getting some hot milk and cookies left us in case we got hungry.

—I'm so sorry about everything before.
—Why? I love being with here with you.— his smile seems sincere.
—That's very nice of you. Well, if you don't mind, I'll put on my pajamas...— I look all over the place. —Do you want me to lend you something?
—I suppose it would be nice.