Chapter 4

I wake up with Tikki touching my cheek.

—Wake up, Adrien, wake up. We have to go now.

I look around to position myself. Ladybug's still sleeping.

—It's okay. Plagg, claws out.— my kwami complains before transforming me.

I kiss my lady's forehead before I go and leave her a note. I go out the window and go home to prepare a few things. I'll go back to the hospital later to see her.

[Marinette]

I woke up in the middle of the night and saw Tikki by my side. Behind her is a blond boy, covered by a blanket while sleeping on the couch. I see Plagg peeking through his hair.

—Tikki? Plagg? What am I doing here?

Tikki wakes up and gets fast on my face.

—You can't see Chat Noir.

—I haven't seen it, Tikki...— I carefully set it aside. —Am I in the hospital?

—He brought you. And he's worried about Marinette, because you weren't home... are you all right?

—Yes... Just sore.

I take off my sheets and see my torso bandaged. In the end it turned out to be more than I thought.

—Then he... — I look tenderly at my friend.

I remember being with Adrien.

—Tikki, Adrien will be worried too...— I'm looking for my cell phone to write a message to the blonde.

I have my purse under the bed, where my bag is. I see a message from Adrien. I get a little red because of how cute his message is. I decide to answer: <<I'm fine, I only had trouble coming home. It may be a few days without giving any signals... But don't worry, I'll see you soon, I promise.>> I send him a couple of hearts. I look at my kwami and then, to Chat, I write him one more message: <<I hope to be able to talk to you about something soon, with more time, when we can stay... I love you>>. And sent.

—Tikki... I just told Adrien I love him, but... I... I suppose he'll know I mean "as a friend"...— my kwami looks at me and smiles.

—In case he don't, I'm sure it's time you finally told him how you feel.

I smile. I'm looking at Chat again.

—I suppose you're right.

I get comfortable and turn to Chat Noir. I say good night to Tikki and fall asleep again.

When I wake up, Chat is gone. I stand in bed and see on the table next to the sofa a note: I take it and read it:

—<<My lady, I hope you're okay. I'm sorry I couldn't be in your awakening, I'm sure you're more beautiful than usual (if that's possible). But the doctors wouldn't let me see you until this afternoon, and I couldn't wait that long without knowing how you were doing. I'll stop by later, around four o'clock; I'm sorry I can't go sooner. See you later, bugaboo. Re-cover soon; with love, chaton.>>

I can't help but get softened by my friend's letter.

—Good morning, Marinette.— My kwami sticks to my cheek. —How are you feeling?

—Better...— I look at the Chat card. —You know, Tikki? Sometimes I think I don't value Chat Noire nough.

—What do you mean?

—I think he does so many things for me... and I never thank him enough. He's always been there for me, even when he tried to stop being in love with me. Sometimes I think... I should leave Adrien and look at Chat; I mean, for Adrien, I'm just her best friend and I always will be.

Tikki looks at me with a sad face.

—I don't know what to tell you, Marinette... Adrien loves you a lot, more than you think. And Chat... He loves you too. I'd say both alike.— the kwami smiles tenderly.

—I don't know, Tikki... I... I think it starts...— I'm interrupted by the door. Tikki's hiding in my purse.

—Good morning, Ladybug! How are you feeling? Tomorrow Chat Noir brought you, you're couple.— the nurse see my blood levels.

—I'm fine... When can I leave? I have to do things...

I think of my parents, Alya, Adrien, Nino. I think about the classes, the bakery... I have to find an excuse for Marinette.

—At least you'll have to stay a week, we have to make sure your wounds heal well.

—A have week?! That's too much time...— she interrupt me.

—I'm so sorry, Ladybug, but we can't risk it getting any worse.

—Okay... I get it.

—I'll be back in a little while, rest. You can watch TV or whatever you want. If anything happens, use that button next to your bed.— he smiles at me.

—It's okay. Thank you so much for everything.

The nurse's leaving, all I had to do was be there and do nothing. I had to find an excuse to use as Marinette, and tell Chat to look for another Ladybug this week.

—Tikki, sorry, but this week someone else will have to be Ladybug. I just hope Chat knows how to choose well...