Chapter 7

[Adrien]

The first day with Alya as Ladybug was hard, normal. She was nervous and anxious and I, as if a cat's whiskers had been taken away. I was clumsy, scruffy, distracted... But we were able to do it. Ladybug seemed to recover well. On the second day, Alya wore it better and so did I, but I still lacked something... It was as if I wasn't able to work well without my lady. Mari was getting better and better, little by little. Now, the third day, we've only done one guard just in case, but nothing happened. I find myself taking care of Ladybug, waiting for her to fall asleep:
—Chat...
—Tell me, my beautiful flower.
She smiles slightly, wearily.
—I can't sleep...
—Do you want me to bring something?
He denies with his head. He gestures to me to come closer.
—Can you overthrow by my side? Just until I fall sleep...please.— she blush a little and cover with the bed sheet. I smile at her tenderly.
—Sure...

I lie next to her. She hugs me and I reciprocate, causing her to rest her head on my chest. Soon she falls asleep. I end up falling asleep too.

Days keep happening, it's hard to be without ladybug in the fights. I had to talk to Marinette's parents to keep them quiet; I've also talked to Mari's teachers and their friends, so they'd all be calm.

There was only one day left for Ladybug to come home, but Alya and I ran into one of the most difficult akumatized to date, or at least that seems to me right now.

The akumatized call himself Crow and, I don't know if you'll remember a battle (actually there were too many to count them) against Mr. Pidgeon, the "man of the pigeons"; well, this was something like it, but with crows, more aggressive, harder to find the akuma, more elusive, more agile, stronger... Crow seemed to hide the akuma in some kind of brooch on his torso, but this one was covered with a large layer of feathers that was of an incredibly hard material. Alya had used her luckycharm earlier, but neither she don't know what to do with it. A few flocks of crows attack us all the time while Crow laughs at us for how ridiculous we are. And he's right, we look like headless chickens.

Alya takes the lead and scares off the crows.
—I think I have an idea, Chat.
—And what are we waiting for? Come on.
My partner takes her luckycharm (which by the way, is a mirror) and places it against the sun.
—You want to blind Crow?
—Not to him, to his crows, have you noticed that he does nothing? Just dodge, send birds, dodge again...

I had slightly underestimated Alya, she had really been doing a good job all week, she was going to end up doing a good job, for sure.

The crows become disoriented by the light and gradually collide with each other. I have to say the scene is funny.

—Try using your cane and approach it, I will blind it for a moment to use your cataclism against its cloak. Then take the brooch and throw it at me.

I see Crow, who's starting to despair while he looks at his crows. It's sitting on what looks like an extra flock of crows... What a strange man.

I'm siting to tell Alya to make his plan, and we do. I approach him and, unsurprisingly, he dodged me with incredible agility. In the blink of an eye, my friend was putting the reflection of the sun in her eyes, which caused me to unbalance and give me time to use my cataclism. The cloak takes a while to break, which makes me worry, but eventually gives in. I give alya the brooch, after a little struggle that causes Mr. Raven and I to almost crash. She manages to break it and returns everything to normal.

—Good work!— we pound like Ladybug and I usually do.
—I must go, I'll see you later for the "delivery."
—See you later, Chat Noir.

She fires me with his hand and I do the same. I'm going down into an alley and then I'm transforming again to pick up Ladybug's miraculous and return it tomorrow.