Chapter 5

[Adrien]

I prepare my old shoulder bag to go to the uni, but I can't stop thinking about whether Ladybug and Marinette will be all right. I get a message, I don't give it much importance.

—Adrien, it's Marinette.— tells me my kwami,which is seeing on my mobile.

I iron myself on the couch, where the cell phone is, and I take it quickly. I read my friend's message and take a deep, relieved respite. I send her a message: <<I'm glad you're okay. I call you when I leave class, I love you too, Mari <3>>

—It seems that you have finally noticed.
—Noticed what?
—Emmm... Nothing.— Plagg eats a couple of pieces of cheese.

I ignore my kwami, the last thing I need now is to think about more sentimental things. I finish taking everything and I'm going outside to get in the car. Before I get in, I look at Nathalie.

—Can I ask you a question?
—Sure, tell me, Adrien.
—When can I'll be able to drive? I have my car licence for years, I want to drive.
Nathalie's looking at me.
—Give me a second.— She enter the mansion and leave within a few minutes. —Your father has told me that you can drive, but very carefully. Try to be careful.
I smile broadly.
—Thank you so much, Nathalie!— I hug her very hard and I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I put myself in the driver's seat and throw my shoulder bag into the co-pilot's seat.

—Ey, be careful!— Plagg gets out, a little annoying.
—Sorry, Plagg. It's just that I'm so excited...

I start the car and go to college, I think it's one of the few times I've felt like an adult.

Once in college, I just wait for the classes to finish.

[Marinette]

I look at Adrien's message, it makes me smile. I think I should start calling to say I'm okay. I start with my parents:

—Hi, Mom.
—Oh, Marinette. Are you still with Adrien?
—With Adrien?— I look at my kwami, with strangeness.
—Yes. I called him last night, because you weren't home, and he told me he was with you. Did you sleep with him and your friends?
—Sure, Mom... And I wanted to tell you that I'm going to be away for a week.
—For a week?! But, why? What happened?
—Take it easy, Mom. I'm going to be on an excursion that makes my class, to... Toulouse. We're going to be there for a week. I'll call you every day, I promise. It's all been very improvised, but I'll be fine.
—Okay, Mari...— I hear her quieter. —I'll tell your father. Let me know if you need anything.
—Sure, Mom. I love you.
—And I.

I hang up and look for the next contact, Alya:

—Hello, girl. How are you? Adrien was looking for you yesterday.
—I'm fine, easy. He's already warned. I just wanted to ask you if you're going to be around too long.
—A couple of weeks, then I have to go back to college.
—Luckily, I'm going to be out this week.
—And that, girl?
—A spontaneous one-week excursion.
—Sure? Look, Mari. I know you for years, and I think I know you enough to be sure that something is happening to you.

Tikki looks at me and understands what I'm thinking, only for looking her. She nods.

—Well, Alya. Do you have anything to do now?
—Not right now, I have a couple of hours off.
—Could you pass by the hospital and ask for Ladybug?
—Ladybug's on the hospital?!
—Yes, but listen to me. She'll explain everything to you. I'll see you later.
—It's ok...

He hangs me.

—Are you sure about this?
—I think it's about time she knew, but she'll have to promise me she won't say it. I trust her.— I smile and so Tikki.
—I trust you, Marinette.