Chapter 5

I woke up and got dressed quickly, I'd text Tyler last night not to pick me up today so I wasn't rudely awakened. I put on my white jeans and navy vest with an anchor in front, I grabbed my gold sandals and put them on before putting my hair into a braid, put on light makeup and grabbed my stuff before heading downstairs.

"Hey hunny, pancake ?" Mom passed me a plate with chocolate chip pancakes.

"Thanks Mom," I dug in.

"Where's Tyler today ? He's usually her by now."

"He's not picking me up today," I took a mouthful of food, "Hunter is actually."

"Who is Hunter anyway? You seemed to avoid telling me yesterday," Mom leaned on the counter.

"He's a friend, him and his cousin were at the party on Friday, I ended up staying at their house actually until yesterday, maybe Dayton can stay this weekend and you can meet her."

"Yeah that sounds fun," a knock came from the door.

"That's him, I'll see you later, bye Mom," I hopped off the stool and ran outside to see Hunter in his Jeep.

"Ready ?" He opened the door and let me in.

"Yeah," I put my belt on and turned the radio up a bit. "I have to see Max today," I had to look at a friend who roofied me.

"I wouldn't worry about that if I was you," I looked at him but he merely smiled, I let it go over my head and stayed silent until we got to school "I'll see you later Avalon, I'll give you a ride home if you need it."

"Thanks Hunt," I got out and met up with Lincoln, Vicky and Lizzie. "Hey guys."

"Hey Ava, how did your weekend go ?" Vicky asked from her seat next to Lincoln.

"Great, how about you guys ?" We started chatting for a while before Justin came up to us.

"Hey guys," I turned and saw he had a bruised jaw and nose, a black eye, bust lip and multiple scrapes. "Avalon can I just say I'm sorry for what happened at the party, I truly am sorry."

"Don't worry about it, its forgotten," he smiled and walked away.

"What was that about ?" Tyler asked but I was too busy looking around, trying to find Hunter but instead found Archer leaning against a tree opposite the school.

"I'll be right back," I stepped away and walked over to him. "He was the errand you had to run on Saturday wasn't he ?"

"Couldn't let him get away with drugging you now can we ?" I laughed.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it, I may not condone violence but none the less thank you." He smiled.

"Your welcome, oh, Hunter told me you were worried about your parents and Stefan so I got you these," he pulled out two bracelets, one was a dainty silver chain with little charms and the other a leather band with flower petals woven into the leather. "they make sure you cannot be compelled, I can get you one if you want."

"Id love one thanks," he gave me the bracelets and stood straight.

"I'm gonna go, I'll see you around."

"See you around. Oh, can you ask Dayton if she wants to come over this weekend, I told my Mom I stayed at hers and she wants to meet her."

"Sure, I'll ask."

"Great, here," I got out my pen and grabbed his hand, I wrote my phone number down and my name. "Tell her to text me her reply."

"Will do," I gave him a small hug.