Chapter 10

"Avalon ?" I groaned and sat up at the mention of my name, I looked around the room and found Tyler at the door watching me warily.

"Hey Ty, give me two secs," I tried to sit up but found Archer's head on my lap, I tapped his cheek making him stir "Wake up Arch," he groaned and fell off the sofa, I couldn't contain my laughter and let it burst out. Hunter and Dayton woke up and started laughing at Archer grumpily getting up and sitting next to me.

"What just happened ?" Dayton had tears down her face by now.

"Ty woke me up and when I got up Archer was sleeping on my lap so I tried to wake him and he fell," I apologized and we all sat back.

"Umm, Avabear ? Care to explain ?" I remembered Tyler.

"Oh yeah, come sit here," I patted the table in front of me, he starred at me for a while but did as told. "Okay, are you sure you want to know? Because as soon as you do you can't back out," I watched his eyes for sign of doubt.

"I'm not backing out." I nodded and turned to Archer.

"The floor's all yours," he stood up and began to explain. During the explanation Tyler kept looking at me for confirmation, I'd nod and he'd go back to listening, Hunter had his arm around me with his head on my shoulder.

"So you guys are hellhounds ?" Tyler pointed at Dayton and the boys, they nodded their heads "And you're human ?"

"Yes Ty, I'm human, any other questions?"

"Can I see one of you change ? Like into a hound ?" Hunter and Archer shared a look before Hunter got up from next to me and changed. His wolf was so big, he was a dark brown wolf, similar to Dayton's, but his had a few patches of black here and there. His eyes were a bright amber, he gave me a wolfish grin and sat on the floor next to me licking my hand, I laughed and started to ruffle his fur. He turned back and stood by the sofa next to me. "Wow."

"Now you can't tell anyone about this, you'll endanger yourself and Avalon and most likely kill both of you," I glared at Archer.

"Must you be so blunt ? Not everything in this world is 'Do as I say or die'" Hunter chuckled.

"It is in this world, you know that," I avoided his gaze and looked at the floor, "Exactly, now let's get you two home."

"Archer, they don't-" I cut Dayton off.

"No its okay, we better get going, come on Ty," I got up and put my boots on.

"Avalon, I-" I spun around and cut Archer off. I didn't want to hear his apology.

"Save it, you're right, I had to kill two more people today, I have their blood on my hands and it'll never come off," I turned away and grabbed my bag, I put my dirty clothes in my bag.

"Avalon," I froze but didn't turn around "They weren't people." I lost it.

"THEY WEREN'T PEOPLE ?!?!" I turned back to face him and threw my bag down.

"Oh crap," Tyler got up and held Hunter back from interfering "Believe me when I say you don't wanna be near her when she's angry," I ignored him and stormed up to Archer and poked him in the chest.

"No, they were vampires, Avalon, Vampires! They don't have feelings they are dead inside and kill to please, they have tried to kill you more then once WHAT IN ANY OF THAT MAKES THEM PEOPLE ?!" He was leaning over me growling each word trying to intimidate me, I pushed him back as I spoke.

"FEELINGS ! They can feel it, just because Stefan wants me and is using all his people to come after me doesn't mean they don't feel anything, I get that vampires are bad but they still had lives, and I ended two lives today and that is never going to leave me!"

"YOU KNEW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU KNEW ABOUT US AND YOU STILL WANTED TO KNOW!"

"BECAUSE I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW IF I'M GOING TO BE IN CONSTANT DANGER FROM STEFAN!"

"AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT US! WE KEEP HAVING TO SAVE YOUR PATHETIC ASS AND NOW HAVE TO REVEAL OURSELVES TO HUMANS! WE SHOULD OF LEFT YOU FOR DEAD THE FIRST TIME WE CAME ACROSS YOU!"

SLAP.

Archer watched me stunned as the tears streamed down my face, he raised a hand to his cheek which had a bright red hand print on it, he remained eye contact with me during the whole thing.

"Honestly ? I wish you'd left me for dead, it had been a long time coming anyway," I had whispered the last part and dropped my stare to the floor then ran to my bag, opened the backdoor and ran to the surrounding forest, slamming the door behind me. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, I'd always been a fast runner but at that moment in time I just wanted to run away from everything. From my parents. From Stefan. From Archer. From Casey. From every single thing that screwed up in my life, I just kept running.

I stopped after a while and started crying again, I leaned against a tree trunk and fell to the floor, my body shaking from the sobs. I had no idea how far I had run or for how long but now I was regretting it. I let out a bitter laugh.

"Great, I'm lost in the woods with no way of getting home and am most likely to die by vampire attack, how lucky I am," I leaned my head on my knees.

"Well I could take you home if you want but death by leech sounds good too," I looked up and almost laughed at Hunter.

"Sorry, it's just been one of those days, Archer pushed a sensitive button back there and I kinda ripped him a new one. Is he mad ?" Hunter chuckled.

"I think he's just surprised the sweet little girl scolded him then slapped him, but he deserved it so it's okay," he walked over to me and put out a hand "Need a hand ?"

I took his offer and let him pull me up to him, he used a little two much strength because I kinda bounced up to him but he held me securely around the waist.

"Thanks," I went to move back but his grip tightened.

"If he says anything to you like that again you won't be the only one to punch him," I rolled my eyes and was about to reply when he pushed his lips to mine. I kissed back and put my arms around his neck to pull him closer. We made out for a few minutes before we pulled away to catch our breath.

"Hunter ?"

"Yeah ?"

"I'm sorry about making you tell Tyler everything and have to expose yourself to him, I didn't mean for it to happen," I looked down.

"Avalon look at me," he tilted my chin up with is finger so I was looking him in the eye. "I wouldn't change a thing we've done so far, Tyler needed our help so we came to the rescue, don't ever feel bad about helping someone you care about." I kissed him on the lips again before sighing.

"Let's get back, I'm sure Ty is either interrogating Dayton or panicking, or both," we laughed and made our way back to the house hand in hand