Chapter 33

~Vicky's Dress on Side~>~

We got out the car and walked to the school gym, there was a small desk with two adults behind it, parents or chaperones I assumed. Chloe had gotten a text on the way to the school, her date had stood her up, so Damien had graciously offered to be her date. 

"Names ?" The woman with black hair asked us, she looked familiar.

"Lincoln King, Chloe Breene, Victoria Blanche, Tyler Ried, Hunter Black, Raine Drop Ruddle and Avalon Greene," Lincoln told them then they gave us our little black bands before glancing at Damien, Max and Archer.

"And these are ..." She pointed at the guys, her eyes resting on Archer.

"Max is my date," Raine held his hand to pull him close.

"Damien is my date," Chloe said, the woman passed them the bands before looking at Archer, I was standing in between him and Hunter.

"And who is this ? Because I know he isn't a chaperone because I defiantly would have recognized you," The woman actually purred, the guy next to her rolled his eyes as I fought the urge to actually throw up.

"He's..." Hunter gave me a pleading look for help.

"My date," I finally said, the woman gave me an unconvinced look.

"Really ? Looks a little old for you," she sneered at my outfit.

"Well so do you with that outfit," Archer put his arm around me and I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing, I saw everyone else doing the same. "So if you're done insulting my date could you please let us in," the woman looked at us gobsmacked while the man was chuckling.

"Here, enjoy your night," the man passed Archer his band before we all walked in laughing our heads off.

"God, that cougar would not take no for an answer," Archer shook his head and let go of me.

"I don't know if you should be saying anything since you're old enough to be her great grandfather," I said it low enough so only Archer could hear me but after hearing Dayton, Damien, Max and Hunter giggle I remembered that they all had supernatural hearing.

"Let's dance!" Chloe grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the dance floor, Vicky and the girls joined us as we danced around laughing, the boys dragged some of the girls off to dance after a while, I stood against a wall with Hunter and a drink watching Dayton and Tyler, she was smiling and laughing at something Ty had said.

"They look so happy," I commented as they danced around to a Ed Sheeran song.

"She deserves it," Hunter gave Dayton a sad smile.

"I've been meaning to ask this, how did she become one of you ? How did any of you become like this ?" I had never asked how any three of them became like this, it must have slipped my mind.

"Well Archer and I were born, Dayton however... One night Archer and I were leaving a bar, we were walking down an alley and heard her screaming, turns out some guys wanted her but Dayton, even then, was feisty as they come, she managed to hold them off enough till we got there so we kicked their asses and handed them off to the cops but Day... she was on her death bed, so Archer bit her, and I'm so thankful though, shes's like the sister I never had."

"Hey, Hunt I'm gonna steal Avalon for a minute," Raine grabbed my arm and pulled me to the girls bathroom, we checked all the stalls were empty before speaking.

"So what's up ?" I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Raine pulled back and was beaming. "Thank you for this, I have never had this much fun before never mind this many people that genuinely care about me."