Chapter 18

Hunter's POV

It had been a day since the building collapsed on Archer and he still hadn't woken up, once we pulled him out of the rubble Max and Damien helped us bring him home. They had told us they would stay with us until Archer woke up and Avalon came back.

Her body hadn't been found in the rubble so we just told her mother she was over at Tyler's and told the school she was ill, she had to be somewhere, if only we knew where.

A sudden intake of breath brought our attention over to Archer, he shot up before wincing.

"Wow, calm it down, here have some water," Dayton was sitting next to him and passed him a bottle, he gulped I before speaking.

"Where is she ?" His voice was hoarse, but we all knew who he was talking about so we looked at each other trying to decide to tell him or not. "I said. Where. Is. She ?"

"Archer, we couldn't find her," Dayton laid a hand on his arm but he got up, swaying slightly.

"What do you mean you couldn't find her ?" He growled.

"She wasn't in the rubble," I looked to the floor as Max explained, hell even him and Damien felt protective about her, she just managed to get everyone to care for her. Now she was gone somewhere and we didn't know where.

"Well of course not, the only thing of hers left there was blood, I figured she must of come out," Archer looked panicked, a emotion flickered through his eyes but I caught it, he cared for her, really cared for her, I hadn't seem him like this since a few months ago, he'd met a girl when he went to the club and they hit it off, they kept seeing each other for a month, although we never met her I could tell she did good for him. "Please tell me you at least have a lead."

"Archer we-" He cut off Max.

"We need to start looking for her," he moved to grab his jacket and his shoes.

"Archer wait," Tyler jumped infront of him, keeping a stern stare. "You need rest other wise when we do find Avalon you won't be able to help her, so do her a favour and spend today resting so you can get her back as soon as possible," Tyler's words seemed to have a double meaning as Archer nodded and sat back down.

"Fine, but tomorrow you're not stopping me," Archer glared at him before getting back into the bed and falling asleep.

"Okay now we must get a lead before he wakes up and kills us all," Damien left the room, we followed him to the dining room and started to plan some leads.

Archer's POV

How did they expect me to sit here and wait while Avalon was possibly dying or being tortured somewhere by the vampires made my blood run cold. I couldn't stay here anymore.

I got up, changed into my black jeans, black fitted tee and my boots, I put some stakes, knifes and my gun in the multiple pockets.

"You're too weak to go out alone," Max was leaning against the doorframe watching me. "You could nearly hurt a fly in your current condition."

"Watch me," I put on my leather jacket before going to the door where Max stopped me. "Get out of my way."

"You aren't going out like this alone, Avalon would never forgive me if I let you go," Max eyed me carefully.

"Well if I don't go out we would have a Avalon to forgive us," he still refused to move his arm.

"I said you aren't going out alone, I'm going with you."

"Why would you do this for someone you just met ?" It was so suspicious.

"Because no matter how long you know her Avalon leaves an impression, you can't help but feel protective of her, you can't deny you don't feel it," his stare was daring me to challenge him, tell him he was wrong. But he wasn't. "That's what I thought."

"Fine, come on, we can take the back door so no one sees us," we walked downstairs then got in my car, we had to find Avalon. We had to.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'll ask you again, did you take her ?" I punched him again in the jaw. Max and I had found a random leech feeding in an alley, we dragged him to a abandoned warehouse then started beating him. I stood back and let Max have a go at him.

"We are looking for Avalon, she is short, black hair, green eyes, pure blood, Stefan Carmel wants her, now we need to know if you can help us find her, can you ?" He grunted in response to Max. Max raised his fist again when the leech spoke.

"Wait, wait, wait, she got out, Michelle was feeding from her then some witch came and killed her, she picked up the pure blood with the help of some guy and they put her in a car, that's all I know," he was breathing heavily trying to stop the bleeding. "That's all I know."

"Well thank you, but that's all we need from you," I staked the leech then looked to Max. "Now what ?"

"I have a friend I can call," he got out his phone and dialed. I could hear the conversation with my advanced hearing.

"Hello ?" A bubbly feminine voice picked up.

"Hey it's me."

"What's up ?" From the shuffling in the background she wasn't alone.

"I need your help, have you seen a girl ?"

"Everytime I look in the mirror."

"I'm serious Ruddle."

"So am I, you know my deal, all the information or nothing," Max's jaw clenched up.

"I can't tell you everything, all I can tell you is that this girl, she's important, she's a pure blood," a gasp came from the other end of the phone.

"Are you sure ? I watched the last of them take their own life," she'd whispered, so obviously she wasn't alone.

"Look, promise me if you hear something you'll call me immediately."

"I promise, I have to go," she hung up, then Max turned to me.

"We'll find her, no matter what," I'm not sure if he was trying to convince himself or me.