Part 16

3rd pov

Sortisha was running through the city. Passing by bodies of unconscious ctizens of the city. She then started to gain back some her magic.

Sortisha: It seems my troops were defeated. No matter. The plan is almost finish.

Sortisha kept running until she reached a large vault. The building was surrounded by guards that were engaging in combat with the bandits.
It look like the bandits were winning but some of them were still being taken out.

Bandit1: Take this!

The bandit attempted to hit the soldier with his hammer only for the soldier to counter and knock him off his boar. The soldier then stabs into the boar. The boar lets out a painful squeal before it dies and turns into a dark liquid. The liquid soon disappears and a gravestone took its place.

Bandit 1: Nooooo! Rueben!

Sortisha then felt some of her magic come back.

Sortisha: It seems they could use some assistance.

Sortisha began to draw a white magic circle on the ground as the others were fighting. When she was done, the circle light up and turned into... A hot air balloon? Everyone stopped fighting as they look at the floating vehicle.

The balloon was red and had a patch on it. There were strings connecting the balloon to a large basket. Inside the basket was one skeleton and lots of bombs.

The balloon slowly floated over them as everyone just watched it. If you listened closely, you could hear someone sing "balloooooooon" in the background.

The balloon soon floated over the large building. The Skeleton then pick up one of the Bombs and dropped it on the building. The result was a massive explosion that destroyed part of the building and blew everyone back.

The skeleton continued to drop bombs onto the large building as everyone watched. The bandits cheered at the destruction of the city's vault while the soldiers watched in horror. They weren't able to stop the flying troop.

Soldier 1: I-it's destroying the vault!

Soldier 2: My money's in there!

Soldier 3: what do we do!?

The balloon continued to drop bombs on the vault until there was a large hole in the building revealing the wealth of the city. With it's job done, Sortisha remove the balloon as she felt more of her magic return.

The bandits charged through the vault and started taking all the loot inside, stuffing as much gold and cash in their pockets while other bandits were taking out the last of the guards.

Bandit 1: We got all the goods boss.

Bandit 2: What the next part of the plan boss?

Sortisha: Simple. We leave them with a gift.

I think we all know where this is going so lets just skip to the end part.

The magic circle glowed creating a large figure that towered over the buildings. The figure let out a big laugh when it was summoned.

The figure was another skeleton. This one wore a winter hat with fur lining and a permanent grin on his face. It had a large bomb tucked under it arm and carried a barrel of gunpowder on its back.

The figure walked off looking to cause some destruction.

Sortisha: Now then. We get out of here.

With team Shadow Gear
Few minutes earlier
Levy pov

This is bad. The rock creatures were tougher than we thought. It took us forever to take down one of them. But when we did, it exploded! And Jet was caught up in it. Now he's out of the fight. And to make it worse, the rock creature had made two smaller versions when it blew up.