Chapter 9

Kylie's POV:

I woke up and I was in my room for once, I was surrounded by my warm blanket, the sun shining through the window and I could tell today was going to be a good day.

I walked over to my closet and got dressed in my normal school attire. I wore dark clothing, I don't like being noticed by people.

After I was done getting dressed I texted Chris. I just sent a simple text message that said "hey." Nothing big or extravagant. I set my phone down on my desk and finished getting ready for school. Mom and Alex wasn't home for some reason. I didn't complain, they are so mean to me, I wouldn't even care if they got hit by a truck and died. I laughed at the thought, then made my way back to my room. I checked my phone and Chris replied. He said "hey" back. I asked him what he was doing as I made my way to school.
----------------------------
Ryans POV:

I arrived at school and Kylie wasn't here. Oh god, I thought. What if something bad happened? What if she had a break down and went crazy and wanted to kill herself, like Skylar used to do. I was so nervous. I was waiting for first period to start. I texted Skylar and told her I was nervous because Kylie still wasn't here. I told Skylar everything once I was home yesterday. I felt so bad.

The bell rung and so did my phone. I looked down at the text message my wife had sent me.

"Ryan, it's going to be ok, just take deep breaths and you'll be fine. Close your eyes and think of something pleasant. Kylie will show up, I have a feeling she will. I used to be late to school too sometimes. Just give it a couple of minutes. I love you Ry-Ry, have an amazing day." Skylar sent. I did as I was told and took deep breaths and closed my eyes. Sky is so amazing, she loves me so much and I love her. Four years ago I would've never thought that I would be married to Skylar and have two beautiful children with her.

I opened my eyes and Kylie was there. I smiled at her and turned around so she couldn't see that I was happy to see her.

Yes, I thought to myself. I'm so relieved. I'm so thankful she is alive.

I started my lesson and I could tell people were getting bored. I honestly could care less right now. I soon stopped babbling and I let the class talk for the last ten minutes.
--------------------------

My day went by really fast for some reason. I didn't have to 'tutor' Kylie today so I went home and Skylar was already there making supper. I told her I was going to take a nap for a bit. She seemed fine with that and I went upstairs.

I took my shoes off and I took my uniform off. I was soon in my boxers. I laid down in our bed and soon fell asleep.

*25 minutes later*

"Ryan... Wake up sweetie." I hear Skylar say as I begin to wake up.

"I'm awake." I say as I got up and threw a shirt and some shorts on, I soon made my way downstairs and I ate dinner. I was still extremely exhausted. We had speghetti and it was really good. I went and took a shower with Skylar and then we gave the kids a bath. We put them to bed and sang them lullabies. They were sound asleep within five minutes.

I carried Skylar to our bedroom and undressed her, then I dressed her in her booty shorts and tank top. I kissed her and laid her in my arms. We were cuddling and Skylar asked how my day went. I told her that it went swell and that Kylie did show up. She was happy about it and she kissed me. We laid back down, I tried asking her about her day but she was sound asleep.
-------------------------
Kylie's POV:

"Mom.... Please no." I said as she hit me again.

"You will fucking listen bitch." I am listening. I said back and she hit me again.

"Shut the hell up and go outside." I ran outside and I was so confused. I didn't understand what I did wrong. I was doing the dishes when all of a sudden she started attacking me and hitting me. I cried and I began to walk around town.

It was 10pm and I went to the park. I laid down on the park bench and closed my eyes. I was almost asleep when I heard someone say my name. I look around and Chris is standing behind me.

"Chris?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I come here sometimes when I can't sleep." He said.

"Oh ok."

"So what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Mother kicked me out again." I said looking down into my lap. I just wish she loved and cared about me like she does with Alex. I don't understand what I did that was so wrong, tears were forming in my eyes and Chris picked me up bridal style.

"Want to come to my house?" He asked, I nodded and he carried me all the way to his house.

We soon arrived and his front door was unlocked. He took me upstairs to his room and laid me down on the bed. He shut his door and laid down next to me.

"Is this alright?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said and whiped away the tears that were streaming down my face.

Chris pulled me up into his lap and he soothed me by saying sweet things to me.

I soon began to vent out my feelings I had for my family. It was pure hatred and discuss. I hated my family. They were nothing to me. I'm nothing to them. I'm just a little slave, all they do is push me around. They don't understand how their words affect me.

Chris held me tighter as I stopped crying.

"It's ok. I'm here for you Kylie. I will always be here for you, no matter what." He said. I soon fell asleep in Chris' arms. He was so warm. The heat was radiating off of him. I snuggled closer to him and fell into deep sleep.