Cooler X Saiyan Soldier Reader

Survival of the Fittest

"That's the guy right there, Bardock" Doore spoke as he, along with the rest of the Armoured Squadron watches the giant monitors that show the destruction of Planet Vegeta.

"He doesn't seem so frightening, anyway he is space dust now and there goes the whole monkey farm; now this is live entertainment" Salza spoke back, with that evil smirk on his face as he watches the so-called entertainment. "Well, almost the whole farm" he added as he diverse his attention towards me, with pure disgust.

I merely looked down to the ground to avoid his gaze.

Yes, I am a Saiyan, I was recruited by Frieza to work in his force, I was one of the most ruthless and strongest soldier on the force, besides Frieza, but about a few months ago he traded me to his brother's force and here I am; watching my people die in front of me and there is nothing I can do about it.

The Armoured Squadron see me as their punching bag, and I have no choice but to comply with it and end up in the regeneration chamber almost constantly. Since day one, they put me in my place for being a strong Saiyan; I fought back but three against one is never a fair fight, I wound up in the regeneration chamber for 2 days before being released.

I lost my fighting spirit and my Saiyan pride that day and ever since I learned to keep my mouth shut and not showcase my power as it is the only way to avoid that scenario - but even that doesn't work, sooner or later it will happen again, I just don't want it to happen right now.

"Hmm, what's this? Someone's getting away!" I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard Salza say that, someone has survived the explosion?! 

My attention directed straight to the monitors as a glimmer of hope thrived in me - maybe I'm not alone after all. 

I didn't listen nor care what Salza said next as I focused on the monitors that switched from showing Planet Vegeta to an escape pod with a new-born Saiyan. He looked so innocent and pure, I'm just glad he won't remember this; nobody should see the destruction of their own race in the hands of a tyrant.

I heard Neiz saying something about intercepting the pod and Salza approving it but then I heard him...

"Delay that order"

Fear struck through my chest as I heard that cold, stern voice. My body subconsciously bowed down without even allowing my mind to process it all.

Lord Cooler, my boss, has descended towards us on his throne-like chair and began approaching to the main monitors, my body is fighting the urge not to look up and see his face; I mustn't show weakness or intimidation in front of him; otherwise, I will have another 'puncher' to put up with, as I call them. 

'Just keep your head down (Y/N)'.

Lord Cooler is far stronger than Frieza and the Armoured Squadron combined; so he could kill me in one punch if I annoy him. I kept my mouth shut as I quietly listen to the conversation between Cooler and Salza.

For once I'm thankful that Cooler was sparing that pod and the new-born Saiyan, however, whilst he was voicing his opinion about his brother and his mistakes, I couldn't help but feel like someone constantly is eyeing me but I wouldn't dare raise my head to find out though.

Lord Cooler ordered the ship to leave just as the Planet Vegeta desolated into nothing but space dust; I felt the small vibrational movement of the ship, confirming that the ship has departed from Planet Vegeta and further away by the second.

 I started to relax slightly as I thought that Lord Cooler will leave the room and I could disappear without bothering anyone, but I was wrong.

"Stand-up" I knew who he was addressing it to and without a second thought, I stood up from the ground and reluctantly looked at him. His crimson eyes pierced my soul, but I kept my composure, just barely.