chapter 3

He was near. How near? She didn't know. She entered the atmosphere and goggled at the sight of the planet. It was water. Raging oceans filled with dangerous waves. Rey landed the ship on a stretch of grass near the shore.

Feeling the cool bite of the wind nip at her cheeks when she hopped out. It was a lot different to Jakku. Her mind filled with the memories of sand stretching for vast miles and lost hope that her parents would return. She shut her eyes and let one tear slip.

'you have one minute to get yourself togther' she thought to herself;
'one minute and then you will get the damned kyber crystal and go' steadying herself she breathed deep in through her nose and let her worries escape through the breath out of her mouth. Her minute was up...

Her eyes scanned the planet looking for a place where the north wind met the sea. Not being able to see it with her eyes, she let the force guide her. Slowly turning in her spot before opening her eyes to the point that the kyber crystal would be.

It wasn't too far. Just a short ways passed jaggered rocks and monstrous waves. Walking up the shore, she wasn't sure how she was going to pass. She was much stronger than she use to be, not knowing if that meant enough, she concentrated hard on the waves lapping at her feet.

She felt the tug at her hand and the energy flow around her. It was exciting and a wave of adrenaline hit her.

It was almost like an outer body experience. She felt her gaze fall upon herself seeing the water before her split in half, all the while standing there with her hand outstretched calling to the force. Contorting the wave so it led a path to the crystal.

Feeling accomplished, Rey stepped through the damp sand that once held a raging sea. The path was a good 700 metres of stretched sand and rock standing dangerously in her path.

She stepped over rocks and under water that splashed out through the force just in time before reaching a stone island holding a podium in the middle of it.

In the middle of the podium layed a crystal. There was nothing special about it and the wind howled in her ears as her hand was dangerously drawn to the crystal. She stepped forwards eager to get this over with letting go of the parted wave. She turned toward the crystal as the waves around her started up again.

She sees the wave before it hits and jumps over it, staff in hand. No matter how loud the raging waves are, the silence between the two of them was deafening. She wasn't alone.

He steps through the water, his hair and clothes wet from the wave that just passed. Rey was struck frozen as she saw the way his dark locks stuck to his face, knocking her off balance as he jumps forwards and strikes down on her hard but she blocked his attack with her staff, Rey lets out a groan of panic as her heartbeat rang in her ears. She wasn't sure how much longer she could hold him off for but yet she pushed back.

Blow after blow, they attacked and defended each other's moves almost as of it was choreographed. The both of them cold and drenched from the unforgiving waves that fought their own battle around the pair.

She could sense her anger rising. She stands back up almost ready to collapse when he freezes. He stands there with a blank look in his eyes and Rey plunges his saber straight through his stomach.

He comes back to the present with a shocked look on his face, a single tear runs down his cheek. Rey Starts panicking, no matter who he is- he doesn't deserve to die, she will not stoop down to the dark sides level.

She removes the saber out of his stomach and crouched next to his slumped body and concentrates hard with an outstretched hand hovering over his wound. She can feel her healing energy leave her and heal Kylo.

After a minute the wound has disappeared and she feels tears rush silently down her face. She looks into his dark eyes and brings herself to say some last parting words.

"I did want to take your hand, Ben's hand" she can still feel his saber pressing in the palm of her hands. She chucks it to him, grabs the crystal and turns around to her ship.
~
~
~
Puzzled at her words he sat there in silence. What would he do now? He thought to himself.

Without the kyber crystal he was nothing. Nothing more then a man wearing a stupid mask that was silently falling into the hands of Hux. He thought the scavenger just might get her way as he felt Hux's power grow stronger.

He felt the allegiance of the storm troopers side with Hux. He had no one and finally after years of blocking it out, he felt a pain. He felt... Sad

He felt tired of being a leader. Being judged on his morals. He wanted to be invisible. For once in his life he wanted to be a mix of both light and dark, grey if you will.

He wanted power still... But he wanted power over his life. Being taunted by Snoke for most of it, he felt incomplete.

Making his decision to run and hide being the coward that he was. At least he wasn't going to hurt anyone anymore.

He jumped back into his ship and made his way back to his base. He would run away in a week, making sure he had everything he needed.

Hey guys!
Thanks for reading. Make sure to comment, give me some ideas 💕